Competition Economics - Manager & Associate Director
- GBP80000 - GBP130000 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Warner Scott Recruitment
- 16 May 19
Our client, a global consulting firm based in London is looking to hire talented Competition Economists to join their rapidly expanding team. We are seeking Managers and Associate Directors.
Our client, a global consulting firm based in London is looking to hire talented Competition Economists to join their rapidly expanding team.
They advise their clients using economic advice and analysis in a range of contexts. This highly successful practice is looking to accelerate its recent growth.
The Economics practice spans a number of functional areas, with core skills ranging from competition economics, econometrics, economic policy evaluation and impact assessment, economic strategy, regulatory strategy and applied micro- and macro-economics.
The team, largely based in London but now also expanding internationally, provides economic advice to clients across a broad range of engagements. The team typically works with clients at board level, offering interesting and varied work, and the opportunity to earn substantial rewards by expanding our successful practice in the UK and across Europe.
They work closely with leading academic advisors, also drawing on in-depth sector knowledge from experts within the network, to deliver high quality economic advice to our clients.
We are looking for highly motivated outstanding economists to join the Economics team, with a particular focus on the area of competition economics and econometric analysis.
Successful applicants will:
* Be a key member of our well-established team, delivering high quality economic advice to our clients on all aspects of competition policy.
* Prepare quantitative and qualitative evidence, to provide insight and value to our clients.
* Manage economics workstreams or projects and help to maintain the client relationship, with supervision from Directors and Partners, ensuring that any client work will be delivered to the highest standards in both content and form.
* Maintain a positive attitude when the team is under pressure, supporting other team members when they face challenging situations.
* Support business development activities within the team.
* Liaise regularly with the wider Economics team in terms of lessons learned from client engagements and where good practice/methodologies could be cascaded.
* Be involved in the management and the development of the Economics team as a whole, including contributing to our recruitment efforts, performance appraisal, mentoring and thought leadership.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following qualifications and skills:
Top academic qualifications in economics, with a focus on industrial economics and/or microeconometrics, at least at MA/MSc level (PhD desirable but not necessary).
Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
An ability to explain complex economics clearly to non-economists, and apply economic concepts and techniques to real world situations.
Perfect command of English. Fluency in other languages desirable but not necessary.
Experience and/or qualifications in quantitative techniques/econometrics desirable but not necessary.
Knowledge of competition law and/or regulatory regimes.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate that they have:
Proven experience as an economist gained in an economic consulting firm, in a competition authority or in industry.
Experience in managing the economic analysis of projects.
Experience in managing more junior colleagues.