A leading fund manager is seeking a Competitor Intelligence Manager to join their Business Intelligence team within Distribution.
You will manage the Business Intelligence Competitive Intelligence reporting, analytics building, and distribution process; while, ensuring the accuracy and consistency of data for all reports and analytics. Create cross-functional reports and analytics that provide insight to the business by developing and executing data-driven support for business strategies. Partner with sales and marketing leadership to determine the most appropriate information sources to support their business needs. Determine, with the business, the appropriate performance measures to be produced to drive business growth and retention including trends, forecasts, confidence intervals, and other statistical metrics. Create polished, executive level presentations including actionable recommendations and next steps. Continually evaluate the efficacy of different information sources, and work with sales and marketing leaders to sunset sources when deemed appropriate. Champion the importance of data accuracy, compelling storytelling, and ongoing learning. Help the Business Intelligence team form partnerships, throughout the firm, to promote innovative brand recognition solutions and add value to strategic efforts.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage and coordinate competitive intelligence programs across all business lines, channels, and regions – including vendor selection and management, data ingestion, and data integration processes in partnership with Distribution Leaders and Technology partners
- Manage information value lifecycle by source and across sources to optimize return on investment
- Continue to evolve our competitive intelligence capabilities – reflecting the attribution analysis-type contribution of a host of market-driven, client buying behaviour, and distribution guided factors
- These analyses will endeavour to compellingly articulate “the what”, “the so-what”, and “the now-what” using fit-for-purpose tools, data science techniques (when additive), and appropriate research methodologies
- Coordinate with Distribution Enablement Team and the Outcomes Analysis Team to integrate their work product and their data sources in a fashion that strengthens the work product of the Competitive Intelligence Team
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of each data source, and deliver best available on-going insight in combination with internal data and external sources
- Deliver insight in a range of fit for purposes ways targeted to audience
- Maintain industry view of available distribution enablement sources and methods – strengths / weaknesses, and maintain awareness of what sources and methods are used by peers and competitors
- Partner with Distribution and Investments executives to determine how distribution enablement will be used to drive business growth, including working with sales, marketing, and product executives to determine appropriate target audiences for new distribution reporting and analytics initiatives;
- Provide statistical and analytic support designed to acquire, enhance, service, and retain customer relationships.
- Develop Competitive Intelligence framework to provide; 1.) Heightened client experience 2.) Drive sales support and analytics for underlying business channels and client directors 3.) Roll out new analytics tools. This includes but is not limited to:
- Build predictive models from multiple data sources, develop advanced algorithms that extract and classify information from large, noisy, unstructured datasets.
- Work with sales executives to determine appropriate target audiences for new distribution reporting initiatives.
- Provide statistical and analytic support on assignments designed to acquire, enhance, and retain customer relationships.
- Develop analyses and predictive models related to customer segmentation, acquisition, attrition, enhanced cross sell and profitability.
- Develop statistical testing programs to measure and improve on-going performance of product penetration and strategic initiatives.
- Develops customized and ad hoc reports based on the needs of the business units and management.
- Contribute to strategic decisions within team, department, and the company by showing an understanding of how distribution enablement ties into the strategic direction of the company; by staying abreast of trends in the business intelligence and analytics measurement / tracking industry and work to integrate best practices; and by recommending new processes to improve preparation of performance and management reports and analytics.
- Manage and develop executive and board level presentations by highlighting key findings through succinct, compelling storytelling with strategic recommendations based on rigorous data analysis.
- Provide guidance and expertise with all levels of the organization by finding, developing and implement/integrate new sources of distribution enablement information to help our sales teams achieve their goals; by continually working to make our reporting and analytics data structures more business-intuitive – to best support self-service consumption by our customers; by providing Technology and Operations partners with business insight to reproduce complex business models and formulaic methodologies with automated solutions; and by developing re-usable processes and methodologies for delivering competitive intelligence and analytics in a structured fashion.
The role requires:
- Experience (financial services industry preferred) with an emphasis in Finance / Modeling / Strategy / Marketing / Sales / Business analyses using various analytic techniques (fit-for-purpose statistical analyses, data analysis/data mining, derived variable creation, analytics sandbox experience)
- Fund management industry experience preferred
- Experience communicating business needs and requirements to Technology and Operations partners
- User Acceptance Testing experience – creating realistic test scenarios and test scripts, defining exit criteria, designing testing in a fit-for-purpose manner based on business need.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Analytics / Information Science / Accounting / Finance / Business Administration / Economics / Marketing or equivalent required
- Postgraduate work in Business Administration, Mathematics, Economics, or CFA. preferred
- Leadership, coaching, and career development skills – including interpersonal, emotional intelligence, and customer service skills; puts the client at the center of everything we do; presentation, storytelling, and client relationship management skills; and mental, people, change, and results agility skills