- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- MFS Investment Management
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
Using discretion and judgment, the Competitive Strategist supports and works directly with the sales teams within Global Distribution to grow and retain assets by providing competitive analytics to support the positioning of MFS products. Directs and manages process that identifies and analyzes industry and market trends in the mutual fund, sub-advisory and fund of funds markets.
1. Provide competitive information and analysis to MFS Sales Teams. Strengthens the sales effort by working closely with the internal and external sales force to act as in-house expert on, and utilize outside databases -- e.g., Morningstar, Strategic Insight, eVestment – as resources for ongoing and ad hoc competitor research.
2. Provide management with market intelligence on size, changes, trends, activities within mutual fund, sub-advised and fund of fund markets. Leverage available databases to determine potential opportunities within the different markets.
3. Analyzes and distills pertinent information and proactively disseminates competitive insights to Sales Team.
4. Develop and produce regular and ad hoc analysis/reports on MFS’s overall competitive position, as well as within the specific markets. Analysis provides an interpretation of the data with an explanation of the implications as well as suggestions for alternate strategies and tactics.
5. Establish competitive intelligence contacts to gather information not obtained through primary/secondary research or data mining
6. Act as key contact for outside sources on information on MFS’s products/performance; identify and discuss any issues related to their review and evaluation of MFS products
7. Work to automate analysis, preparation and distribution of competitive information
8. Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
1. Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience.
2. Several years related experience.
3. Position requires registrations in accordance with MFS's licensing policy.
4. In depth knowledge of investment products and vehicles, sub-advisory and fund of funds markets, as well as the legislative, competitive, and regulatory environment affecting these products.
5. Must understand the wholesaling/sales process and be able to effectively communicate with and work in conjunction with the MFS sales/marketing team
6. Strong written and oral presentation skills
7. Team player with excellent interpersonal skills; must be able to establish and maintain effective, cooperative working relationships with all departments and organizational levels; must have experience in providing service to internal client base
8. Self directed; must be comfortable with establishing objectives, then working independently to achieve them, seeking manager’s input as needed
9. Must be capable of effectively representing MFS at corporate and industry functions