Compliance - KYC/Enhanced Due Diligence - Associate - London
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 18 Mar 18 2018-03-18
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Application Opening Date: 08 March 2018
Application Closing Date: 04 April 2018
The Know Your Customer (KYC)/Enhanced Due Diligence team within the Anti-Money Laundering Suspicious Activities Group is seeking a professional, ideally with prior brokerage and or other financial industry experience. They will conduct enhanced due diligence on high-risk customer relationships to identify potential legal, regulatory or reputational risk. They will also have an advisory role in regards to the firm's Client Identification Program. The ideal candidate would have strong analytical skills, the ability to collaborate with others, the ability to manage projects and processes, and the ability to multi-task. In this role, they will work closely with compliance, operations, technology and business personnel, and would be expected to quickly gain an understanding of the firm's businesses and the rules and regulations under which the firm operates.
Our division interprets regulatory requirements to ensure the firm is in compliance and determines how to appropriately pursue global market opportunities. Our analysts monitor regulatory trends in every jurisdiction where the firm operates and we work with regulators to manage financial market risk. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Conducting enhanced due diligence on high-risk customers to identify potential legal, regulatory or reputational risk
- Providing guidance to the client onboarding teams and/or the business on anti-money laundering related matters
- Working on anti-money laundering related projects
Additional responsibilities can include:
- Management information reporting
- Enhancing policies and procedures
- Working with internal audit when they conduct their reviews.
To achieve this, the relevant candidate will be required to:
- Utilise a variety of internal and external systems and databases in order to complete investigations
- Liaise with all other departments, when needed and if it is appropriate, in order to ensure a thorough investigation is completed
- Present a summary and proposed conclusion to senior management in a timely and clear manner, including proposals to implement appropriate steps to mitigate and/or monitor if necessary
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
- Prior investment banking/financial services industry experience required
- Prior compliance experience with strong focus on AML and financial crime essential
- Experience of using data analytics tools and knowledge of structured query language required
- Ability to work independently and yet still be team-oriented
- Must have had exposure to working in an advisory capacity required
- Experience with geopolitical, regulatory and reputational risk required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of writing reports/briefs for senior stakeholders required
- Ability to prioritise work flows and ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to forge strong relationships with colleagues and clients
- Proactive, self-motivated, detail-oriented and well-organized
- Knowledge of securities industry and products
- Must be a team player
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.