About Brickendon Consulting
Brickendon Consulting is a rapidly growing Transformational Consulting firm that provide solutions to global Banks and asset managers.
The company was established in 2010 by 2 partners, one of which is our CEO, Chris Burke, and since we have grown to over 100 people with a target to double in size over the next 1-2 years.
Our European headquarters are in London, with our North American business based out of New York. We also have offices in North Carolina and Poland with Asia offices to be opened in the coming 2 years.
We have five core practices covering Strategy, Data, Risk, Regulatory and Test and provide solutions via 3 types of services…...ADVISE CHANGE DO. Do is our delivery offering.
Innovation encompasses everything we do through our R&D and Knowledge Leadership functions. Our consultants, who are experts with 10+ years of domain specific expertise, both deliver projects and provide new solutions to the challenges our clients face.
Overview of initial assignment:
Brickendon Consulting are engaged with a number of leading banking organisations banks to provide teams of compliance that cover for certain Corporate Functions (including divisionally aligned Operations/Finance/IT functions) in respect of services provided to the UK Investment Bank’s. In addition, we provide day to day compliance advice and challenge to a range of stakeholders in relation to the UK IB’s infrastructure (frameworks, systems and processes designed to achieve compliance with entity level regulatory obligations) technology, governance, operating model and processes where appropriate.
The successful candidate will join as a Principal Consultant
- Provide advice and guidance on the application of relevant rules, the development of 1st line of defense control frameworks and/or the resolution of compliance issues as appropriate
- Proactively assess operational impact of newly implemented regulations and regulations in the pipeline
- Carry out risk reviews of specific areas of the bank as and when required
- Participate in the Annual Compliance Risk Assessment, with effective tracking and follow-through on issues identified
- Work closely with Compliance Review Teams, Operational Risk Management and Internal Audit in their reviews and investigations and where appropriate advise on appropriate solutions to required remedial actions
- Assist in the development and implementation of new Compliance policies and/or in the updating and maintenance of existing policies
- Support the delivery of compliance training to raise awareness and understanding of the relevant compliance requirements within Corporate Functions and other shared services teams
- Participate in industry working groups and contribute to external industry consultations on new regulatory developments/initiatives, strategic projects and initiatives and internal working groups.
The Principal Consultant will possess the following skills and experience;
- Educated to degree level
- Relevant industry experience required.
- Operations, IT, Finance, Internal Audit or Operational Risk within an investment banking institution with exposure to compliance related requirements.
- Compliance advisory within an investment banking institution with exposure to Operations or IT.
- Role required to directly face key stakeholders in divisions and corporate functions in London providing Compliance advisory coverage.
- Role will also be required to face PRA/FCA from time to time and support Senior Managers in responding to regulatory enquiries.
- A varied role covering a multitude of regulations and providing Compliance advisory coverage in respect of–
- Regulatory Reporting (EMIR and FCA)
- EMIR Clearing