My client is a leading Investment Management business looking to hire an experienced Compliance professional to join their advisory team, working on a variety of advisory and core compliance activities.
- Responsible for the effective undertaking of the following activities:-
- Regulatory risk assessment process – the ongoing review of the effectiveness of ‘end to end’ systems and controls in mitigating its regulatory risks, including Code of Conduct. Regulatory licences and approvals and regulatory reporting. Ensure enhancement measures are identified and implemented in a timely manner as necessary. This will include liaising with key outsourcers/vendors as required.
- Compliance Manual/Policies/Procedures – the ongoing development and maintenance of the Compliance manual, policies and procedures. Ensuring these are kept up to date and relevant for the business.
- Advice – the proactive provision of clear advice, guidance and training to the business and new joiners on regulatory matters, including the Compliance manual, policies and procedures. Dealing with queries from the business in a timely manner.
- Regulatory change/guidance – undertake horizon scanning to identify and assess the impact of new/amended regulatory requirements, guidance and hot topics relevant to the business. Proactively liaise and work with business areas on implementing new or amended governance arrangements, processes and controls regarding areas of regulatory change and focus. Identify relevant findings from regulatory enforcement cases and assess if any further actions to take in enhancing its regulatory control environment in these areas.
- Involvement with FCA re surveys, visits, reviews including:
- Inputting into the provision of information requests and onsite visits
- Assisting business to prepare for onsite FCA visits
- Inputting into responses to FCA review reports. Tracking completion of any actions committed to in responses
- Production and implementation of training covering key regulatory risks impacting the business.
- Analyse outputs from the regulatory risk assessment process and ancillary activities and identify, report and address any underlying systemic trends that may exist.
- Liaise with other Compliance Teams and colleagues re findings from activities.
- 5 years in a Compliance Asset Management role as a minimum
- Good understanding of the asset management industry, particularly:-
- Key activities and processes
- Principle regulatory risks and how conduct risk applies across a firm
- Applicable regulations (including forthcoming changes)
- Various Compliance organisational structures, frameworks and programmes
- Desirable controls, processes and practices in key areas of regulatory risk
- Worked within Compliance Advisory