Reporting directly to the Head of Financial Markets Advisory, the Compliance Advisory VP will provide technical advice and expertise for regulatory change initiatives in response to forthcoming regulatory changes and/or industry developments, i.e. by interpreting existing rules and regulations, for example, MiFID and EMIR Transaction reporting obligations, to ensure existing approaches remain compliant. This is currently a temporary role but with the intention to go permanent after an initial period of 6 - 12 months.
This team is responsible for identifying, managing, mitigating or avoiding regulatory and reputational risk and helps reinforce the Bank's compliance culture.
As well as working as an advisor to the first line of defence functions, the role holder must liaise closely with Compliance Training, Compliance Monitoring & Surveillance, Regulatory Affairs and the Local Compliance Officers in the EMEA region, including Capital Markets.
- Assessing the impact of regulatory developments across UK and Europe, engaging with Senior Management, UK and EU Compliance, control and support functions and front office departments to ensure effective implementation.
- Keep up to date with UK and EU regulatory changes and market developments.
- Provide interpretative advice to ensure ongoing compliance with existing regulatory requirements.
- Build and maintain a robust Compliance policy framework, ensuring engagement across all necessary levels and early awareness.
- Create clear and concise policies, and associated standards, that are practical whilst ensuring strong compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Support the development of the universal bank project.
- Have a good understanding of MiFID regulatory requirements and market practice and identify areas for improvement, where necessary.
- Training staff on required Compliance and Conduct materials, including the development of relevant materials.
- Be the Compliance SME on projects and initiatives which involve all group entities and geographies globally.
- Coordinate responses to ad-hoc regulatory enquires.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
Likely 5 + years previous experience in a similar role(s) for international banks/ financial institutions, and proven skill in investigating and rectifying with breaches of policy/regulation
A key skill in this role is the ability to communicate to colleagues, across all levels, in a clear and easy to understand manner.
This role requires the ability to write clear and concise policies whilst ensuring efficient coordination and management of the policy framework.
This role requires deep knowledge and experience of financial market related regulation including MiFID, EMIR, SFTR, MAR and Conduct of Business rules.
Other skills and knowledge: IT literate & Advanced Excel requireded.