Local Knowledge Global Resources Specialist Consultants
- New York
- Hong Kong
Compliance Advisory VP - Investment Bank
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Compliance Advisory - Transaction Reporting VP
The successful candidate will be tasked with any of the following activities:
- Create and maintain a regulatory inventory
- Update relevant policies to ensure they reflect regulatory requirements for the front line unit and control function.
- Contribute to compliance risk assessments
- Contribute to monitoring and testing coverage plans and related metrics
- Monitor and test the effectiveness of the front line unit and control function compliance risk controls
- Identify aggregate, report and escalate compliance risks, issues and control enhancements
As a Compliance Specialist your responsibilities will involve:
- Compliance oversight of the relevant regulations undertaken by operations departments of the UK Entities
- Effective assessment of new regulation and interpretation of changes ensuring effective implementation with Bank reporting systems
- Communication of changes and education provision to relevant staff on Transaction reporting developments.
- Assisting with the maintenance of an excellent working relationship with the TMU and any ongoing dialog with the FCA on this topic.
- Attendance at internal working forums relating to the Transaction reporting function (MiFID II, EMIR, STFR), Client Assets and other relevant regulation as required.
As a Compliance Specialist your skills/competencies would include:
- Educated to degree level
- Ability to take decisions when required and to escalate when necessary
- Genuine interest in the securities markets, regulation and changing legislation
- Previous experience of working in a regulatory environment with experience of at least one of the following EMIR, MiFID II, CASS
- An understanding of the Equity markets, products and a desire to work in a Trading Floor environment
- Sound understanding of the markets
- A flexible and solution driven perspective, able to solve problems and a determination to seek answers to complex issues
- Good Communication skills
- Workable level of standard IT packages
- Good team attitude, willing to interact and discuss issues in a team environments