Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION Job Summary
The Compliance Analyst is a member of the EMEA Compliance and Global Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) teams.
The Compliance Analyst reports directly to the head of FCC who is based in Zürich, Switzerland and works closely with the Global FCC team in London, and the Wellington Management Funds Global (WMF Global) and Wellington Alternative Investments (WAI) Funds Compliance teams based respectively in Luxembourg and Boston.
Wellington has a well-established business distributing funds in multiple locations around the world. This business continues to grow and we now need an individual that is focused on supporting Financial Crime issues around our funds businesses. The role holder is required to assist the head of FCC in providing advice and oversight to the Wellington Management Funds-Global (WMF- Global) and Wellington Alternative Investments (WAI) Funds businesses to meet their legal and regulatory obligations with respect to anti-money laundering (AML), counter terrorist financing (CTF), anti-bribery and corruption and interactional sanctions regimes. The role holder is responsible for coordinating internally with business and risk management partners, as well as externally with third party providers and other counterparties as necessary.
We have no requirement for the role to be located in any particular office but we expect that the role will be based in either Luxembourg or London. Job Responsibilities
The position's primary responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Work with the Fund MLROs and Global AML officers to manage and mitigate the risks in the Funds business.
- Liaise with key business partners (GWM, CSG and GFS) regarding ongoing distributor and client onboarding (via Transfer Agent) activity. Including, but not limited to, Know Your Client (KYC) onboarding exceptions, ongoing distributor activity and issues, managing and mitigating high risk indicators.
- Review and assess Fund distributors for FCC as a member of the Know Your Distributor (KYD) Group.
- Maintain Fund FCC-related policies, risk assessments procedures and guidance in compliance with current Regulatory standards for all Fund domiciles.
- Provide oversight, monitoring and guidance to business partners (1LOD) on Fund distribution business record keeping, policies, procedures, processes and controls for adequacy and maintained by performing ongoing compliance reviews.
- Draft regulatory Fund submissions, investigate and manage responses to regulatory questions.
- Partner with internal colleagues on Fund related FCC questions (e.g. Business, Legal & Compliance, IT, Corporate Secretary, Governance, Risk and Audit). Including but not limited to systems issues and design, reporting queries, regulatory developments and implementation (horizon scanning, implementation of new requirements, industry related funds or sanctions gap analysis of current processes and practices).
- Collaborate with colleagues to facilitate provision of Fund FCC related documentation, including but not limited to
- Reviewing and editing AML/CTF language in Distributor agreements (taking into account Fund jurisdictional requirements and best practice language examples),
- Drafting AML/CTF attestation letters on behalf of the Funds.
- Preparing MLRO update reports to the Fund Management Committees and Board.
- Co-ordinate FCC internal training development and delivery with the global FCC team.
- Act as TA initial point of contact on fielding AML/CTF (CFT) enquiries and escalate to the respective MLRO as required, including review and preparation of high risk approval and negative news forms for signature, review TA FCC related reporting to ensure timely and accurate for effective oversight, changes in regulation are reflected in their onboarding framework immediately and correctly, management and resolution of outstanding issues and participate with MLROs in regular TA oversight meetings.
Stay up to date on Fund and Distribution industry developments and regulatory expectations and changes which impact the business.
The individual may also be involved in the following;
Qualifications, knowledge and experience
- Support testing in the Compliance Program and assess practice against regulatory expectations
- Participate in department or firm wide project based initiatives
- Provide cross Compliance coverage for colleagues as appropriate.
- Five or more years compliance experience, preferably 2-3 years' experience of regulatory reporting/filings
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of reporting tools, business analytics and data hierarchy.
- Strong working knowledge of current EU Financial Crime regulation and expectations, in particular Ireland and Luxembourg. Understanding and appreciation of at least one key offshore jurisdiction.
- Displays sound business judgment.
- Inquisitive and precise, able to work under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Pro-active, creative problem solver.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Compliance Analyst JOB FAMILY
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .