- £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- City Credit Capital
- 06 Jun 18 2018-06-06
City Credit Capital is a leading provider of Forex and CFD margin trading services. Based in the City of London, with group offices in Hong Kong and Latin America, we service a global client base of active investors. City Credit Capital is regulated and authorised by the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
Due to growth, we are seeking to recruit a Compliance Associate to assist the Head of Compliance in the implementation of the compliance agenda throughout the firm.
The main purpose of this role is to assist the Head of Compliance in the implementation of the compliance agenda throughout City Credit Capital and to ensure the business operation remains compliant in accordance with both the FCA and best practice.
Brief description of duties and responsibilities:
- Monitoring and approving the on-boarding of all clientele (Retail, Professional and ECP).
- Assisting with drafting and maintaining compliance standards, policies and procedural documents including AML, PA Dealing, Gifts, Conflicts of Interest.
- Conduct of compliance reviews.
- Draft policies and procedures.
- Regulatory change project work (MiFID II, EMIR, GDPR).
- Reviewing on-boarding jurisdictions ensuring up to date AML/CDD/EDD requirements are in place.
- Assisting with Compliance Monitoring (e.g. transaction monitoring, file reviewing, regulatory monitoring and financial crime).
- Reviewing updates and news from FCA, HM Treasury, HMRC etc. and disseminate reports. with summaries and any recommend proposed changes.
- Financial Promotions review and approvals.
- Assisting with staff training.
- Assisting with Compliance Monitoring, Audit Requests, Risk Assessments, Reviews and Internal Audit.
- Assisting with FCA returns via online systems (Connect, ONA, GABRIEL)
- Providing compliance guidance to staff in London and overseas offices.
- Collating MI on AML, ABC, CASS, TCF etc.
- Complaints handling.
- Other ad-hoc projects.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a compliance role within the financial sector
- Knowledge of financial services regulations, as impacting City Credit Capital’s business, e.g. know your client, anti-money laundering, sanctions, insider dealing, market abuse, conduct of business and conflicts of interest.
- Experience of best practice compliance and governance frameworks, methodologies and emerging practice, compliance monitoring and risk assessments in the context of the UK financial services industry.
- Experience within the Derivatives industry.
- Degree qualified preferably in business, economics, law or accounting or relevant Compliance qualifications.
- Good understanding of JMLSG guidance.
- Strong analytical skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Experience in producing policies and procedure is highly desirable.
- Legal background is highly advantageous.
Personal Skills (Essential Behaviours):
- Strong communication skills with the ability build strong internal networks across the organisation.
- Broad and pragmatic thinker, capable of interpreting information and presenting arguments in a clear and reasoned way.
- Thorough and accurate, capable of identifying the key issues without getting lost in the detail.
- Processes driven ability to follow new processes.
- Accountable for own decisions and actions whilst respectful of the professional responsibilities of others.
- Politically astute, self-confident demeanour and mature social skills.