Compliance Business Partner (Insurance) - London
Role of the Compliance Business Partner
The Compliance Business Partner will work with the Compliance function in supporting the firm's London and Global Products Underwriting businesses to execute their strategic targets and plans.
Skills and Experience
- You will act as a 'trusted advisor' to the business, working together to find compliant commercial solutions which maximise corporate performance and minimise financial, regulatory or reputational risk.
- Stay closely connected with other Regional Compliance Managers and central compliance team members to ensure professional standards are maintained, effective knowledge management and reporting to enable a consolidated and consistent approach to ethics and compliance.
- Identify when to call upon specialist resource (e.g. anti-bribery and corruption, sanctions etc.) to help support tasks for our London and Global Products business.
- Design & provide compliance training and communications to underwriting teams ensuring the best method of delivery to achieve the desired outcome(s)
- Investigate compliance matters that impact underwriting and find suitable resolution.
- Identify and implement process improvements to make compliance function more efficiently.
- Work with the London and Global Products Underwriting teams to provide guidance on the compliance framework, policies and procedures and guide the business to identify, assess and manage compliance risks
- Provide constructive challenge to underwriting plans of the relevant functions and provide supportive solutions aimed at managing compliance within those functions
- Coordinate and respond to a wide range of complex enquiries, ensuring that the information provided is clearly understood by the business.
- Maintain excellent relationships with internal stakeholders to aid the efficient and productive working relationship with risk management and other business functions.
- Provide compliance oversight and reporting, including input to the Risk Committees, to the department's senior management, and the senior management teams of the London and Global Product Underwriting teams.
- Assist with the delivery of compliance work including scheduled and adhoc strategic projects to develop and implement an effective framework supported by risk-based policies and procedures.
- Provide compliance work stream support on projects and transformation programmes.
- Maintain a highly visible and supportive role as a strong influencer and help internal stakeholders to understand compliance risk outcomes to help anticipate and prepare for regulatory and policy change.
- Review and analyse key external trends and influences to ensure that a wide range of information is used to support the development of compliance strategies ensuring they are in line with the planned overall Underwriting strategy.
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills with the ability to communicate effectively with the highest levels of management and decision-making.
- Strong commercial awareness with an understanding of the value drivers of the business.
- Strong data analysis and reporting skills and experience.
- In-depth regulatory knowledge based on demonstrable experience in Compliance.
- A consultative background and approach to work to ensure completion of end-to-end processes.
- Excellent understanding of the general insurance industry and ideally the Lloyd's market
- First class people skills and a team player with excellent communication.
- Proven experience and track record of solving problems and delivering solutions to insurance business.
- Able to grasp very complex issues quickly and suggest some solutions.
- Ability to deal constructively with uncertainty and ambiguity.
- An excellent attention to detail.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and good active listening skills
- The ability to take a pragmatic/commercial approach in understanding and applying regulatory requirements.
- Pragmatic and principled, not dogmatic.