- Competitive plus benefits package and annual discretionary bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 09 Oct 17 2017-10-09
Cordium is the leading global provider of compliance consulting services to the asset management and securities industry. Cordium has offices in London, New York, Boston, San Francisco, Hong Kong and Malta, employing over 200 experienced professionals who support more than 1500 investment businesses.
Our clients range from start-ups to large firms with well-established track records and utilise a broad array of investment strategies and styles such as: long only, long/short equities, global macro, credit, distressed, bank debt, fixed income, private equity, venture capital, real estate-related and fund of fund strategies.
As part of our growth plans we are looking to hire an experienced compliance professional to join our Compliance Consulting business.
This is a varied role and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide clients with responsive regulatory advice and solutions
- Update clients on regulatory change and how it impacts their business
- Draft manuals and other compliance documentation for clients
- Set up relevant compliance infrastructure for clients
- Carry out regular compliance monitoring reviews onsite with clients, and subsequently write compliance monitoring reports
- Lead compliance project assignments across a diverse range of clients
Key Skills / Experience:
- Proven compliance expertise gained over a number of years across:
- Compliance consultancy
- Asset / Investment Management
- Hedge funds
- Private Equity
- Ability to implement solutions to address the regulatory requirements of the client
- Sound knowledge of FCA handbooks
- Experience of monitoring and the ability to develop compliance monitoring programmes and techniques
- Strong client facing ability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
For this hire we have a strong preference for someone who has:
- Developed their compliance expertise on the buy-side, ideally with a focus on asset management, hedge funds, etc
- Generalist experience as opposed to niche exposure (i.e. financial crime)
- Experience of running and developing compliance monitoring programmes
- Solid knowledge of the rules / handbooks
- Experience of MiFID2 beneficial
Cordium is an established firm with a proven client base and solid infrastructure where you will find the opportunity to work with a diverse client base. There are excellent opportunities to learn / develop and get involved in a broad range of work.
We have a supportive team environment and offer the potential for flexible working.