Compliance Lead/Senior Manager - Perm
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 12 Jun 18 2018-06-12
Job Title: Compliance Lead/Senior Manager - Perm Location: London Salary Level: Competitive
Within the professional services environment, the application of risk management procedures is fundamental to the successful delivery of our client services and promotion of our brand. Risk management encompasses the technical support and processes which support the delivery of service quality, contain the threat of litigation, limit damage to our reputation and achieve full fee recovery.
At EY, the Legal and Risk Management (RM) teams are responsible for supporting the UK&I firm in the execution of and compliance with Global, Regional and local risk management policies and procedures. The team assists with the development, maintenance, communication and training of key RM policies, providing advice on complex risk matters and monitoring the application of these policies.
The team has a vacancy for a UK Compliance Officer reporting to the Deputy Risk Management Leader. You will be responsible for the coordination and monitoring of compliance activity, analysis and improvement of compliance activities, aggregating data to identify possible trends and tracking the completion of actions following regulatory inspections. The role will cover both internal and external regulatory and compliance requirements including but not limited to the following areas: auditor independence, financial crime, Lobbying Act reporting, data protection, health & safety.
Your key responsibilities
You will be required to conduct reviews into compliance activity, identify and implement possible improvements and report findings to the group's leadership. This role does not have direct reports and thus the individual will need to be able to both work successfully on an autonomous basis as well as work collaboratively with the group and effectively manage certain work that is conducted by our offshore team in India.
You will be responsible for:
- Oversight and monitoring of all areas of compliance activity in the Legal and Risk Management group, including ongoing assessment of the compliance programme to identify and implement improvements, as needed.
- Responsibility for the compliance monitoring dashboard - both maintaining it and reporting.
- Assessing group risks by the aggregation of data to identify trends.
- Review of the effectiveness of the compliance controls, including reporting to group leadership.
- Host visits by EY's Global Internal Audit group and other internal auditors and inspections to Legal and Risk Management.
- Organisation and participation in external regulatory reviews and client audits.
- Monitoring and oversight of any remedial actions proposed by internal and external regulators.
- Management of certain compliance testing, working with our offshore support team in India.
Skills and attributes for success
- Proven data analysis skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to establish a high degree of credibility, respect and trust at all levels, including with senior members of the firm.
- A self-starter with the ability to lead and take responsibility.
- Strong personal communication skills, capable of dealing with wide a range of people including regulators and the Firm's leadership.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Experience in leading and oversight of compliance based activities.
- Previous experience working at a senior management level within a large, matrix organisation.
- Commercial awareness of the issues facing the business and the ability to deal with problems in a practical and common sense way.
- Strong project management skills and ability to prioritise key areas of responsibility, tasks and projects.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Ability to work effectively both autonomously and with offshore teams, ensuring appropriate quality of work.
- Knowledge of Assurance, professional services or other regulated activities, and experience of working with regulators would be an asset.
What we look for
A commercially focused Compliance and Regulatory professional with strong communication, leadership and analytical skills.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.