Compliance Monitoring Executive - Regulatory Hosting
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Aug 18 2018-08-15
Our client is a highly prestigious regulatory hosting enterprise holding in excess of 11 billion in assets on behalf of its clients
This role is a mixture of in-house compliance and compliance consulting
In order to assist the compliance team to effectively supervise client base, the successful candidate must demonstrate the following capabilities:
1. Client Compliance Infrastructure set up
• Advise and assist in developing compliance policies and procedures bespoke to client.
• Design compliance monitoring programmes (heatmaps) and monitoring work programmes (tests) based on client due diligence.
2. Client Compliance Monitoring and Ongoing advice and assistance
• Implement and enhance compliance monitoring procedures, heatmaps and work programmes.
• Regular on-site, client-facing monitoring visits to identify potential and current regulatory issues within a client’s business and work to resolve or reduce the risks
• Production of compliance monitoring reports
• Acting as point of contact for compliance issues for clients
• Responsible for ensuring that the client is complying with compliance procedures.
• Reviewing and approving client financial promotions.
3. Client take-on
• Responsible for the oversight of the onboarding associated with your allocated clients, and includes: dealing with compliance-related queries during the onboarding process; as well as steering the client through to the start of its regulated activities. The candidate will not conduct the data-gathering or form-filling, these functions are handled by the on-boarding team.
• Oversee regulatory due diligence on clients, individuals, corporates and funds in order to make an assessment of the client’s ‘threshold conditions’ and ‘fitness and proprietary’.
• Oversee the creation of the Proposal to New Client Committee. This proposal completes the onboarding process, and approval is required to take on a new client.
• Provide advice and assistance on UK and FCA requirements and obligations
• Assist the CCO with ongoing regulatory matters affecting the group and its clients.
Skills / Qualities
• Relevant experience in compliance consulting or working at a FCA regulated firm;
• Confident and strong character, able to stand his/her ground when dealing with typically strong-willed participants in the alternative investment industry;
• Experience of the relevant regulatory environments (including but not limited to AIFMD, MiFID, CFTC/NFA, SEC, and MFSA) and willingness to learn others that may be required from time to time;
• Team-orientated and able to collaborate well with others;
• Ability to manage multiple client interactions as required – may include various time zones over time; and
• Proactive communication and approach with excellent verbal written and presentation skills.
• Entrepreneurial mind-set;
• Attention to detail and constant desire to improve systems and processes in pursuit of operational best practice; and
• Bring positive energy to the work environment that motivates team mates and colleagues.
• Strong IT skills, able to thoroughly utilise new systems, as well as existing Office 365 environment.
• Able to teach new people, and mentor younger colleagues.