Compliance Monitoring & Surveillance Manager, Wealth Management
• Assist in delivering the Wealth Management (WM) compliance monitoring & surveillance programme by performing second-line-of-defense compliance and monitoring reviews to provide management assurance that the business controls and framework are operating effectively in relation to consequential risks across a number of key taxonomies (Suitability, Cross Border, Market Conduct, Conflicts of Interest, Anti-Bribery & Corruption) and regulations (MAR and MiFID 2).
• Distil concerns or issues identified from reviews and reporting these findings to senior management with recommended actions to address deficiencies; assisting team lead by pro-actively contributing to the assessment of business risks and leveraging management information to identify key business risks and emerging trends;
• Proactively implement changes as a result of monitoring control findings to enhancing controls, test procedures and processes; this includes ensuring all ongoing enhancements and developments are documented and regulatory changes impacting the team's work are tracked (including themes arising from publications and attendance at industry forums) and involvement in implementing strategic departmental projects.
• Promoting the benefits of "good compliance" and supporting management in developing the business in an innovative manner whilst adding value by suggesting business practice improvements to key stakeholders.
• Supporting MS&C WMUK team lead on implementation and delivery of administrative "non-monitoring" tasks and undertake ad hoc project work as required in order to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements and internal policies and safeguard UBS’s reputation against legal and regulatory risks.
You’ll be working in the UK Monitoring, Surveillance & Control (MS&C) team in London. We form part of the Global MS&C team within Compliance & Operational Risk Control (C&ORC). Our primary role is the monitoring of WM UK business activity to ensure adherence to a number of key taxonomies (Suitability, Cross Border, Market Conduct, Conflicts of Interest, Anti-Bribery & Corruption) to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements and internal policies and safeguarding UBS’s reputation against legal and regulatory risks. The team has close and continuous collaboration with the WM business and C&ORC colleagues and is also involved in implementing departmental projects including global initiatives.
Your experience and skills:
• an understanding or working knowledge of the WM business, processes and risks and the current issues/challenges. Relevant experience in the WM business, compliance monitoring, risk management, risk control or audit with working understanding of business areas and systems desirable.
• an understanding of the regulatory environment and expectations, FCA rules and guidance together with other relevant regulations and codes of practice
• Determination and enthusiasm to deliver results within challenging timeframes. Takes the initiative, originates action and progresses issues
• Strives to enhance processes and procedures, to improve quality and efficiency. Evaluates problems to understand them, generates options and recommends solutions which are logical, reasonable and realistic.
• Available to work independently and is personally well organized and keeps focused on priorities in own and others' work. Develops and monitors clear and realistic action plans to accomplish given objectives using given resources and remains abreast of compliance and business developments.
• Analytical, with the ability to provide practical and realistic solutions for minimizing risk
• Results-oriented and assertive (you don’t shy away from challenging situations)
• Able to convey information clearly, accurately and succinctly
• Able to demonstrate determination, effort and enthusiasm to deliver results within challenging timeframes