- Salary: Competitive
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Qatar National Bank (QNB)
- Updated on: 17 Jul 18
QNB Group, the biggest bank in Qatar, and a leading financial institution in the Middle East and Africa, is looking to hire a Compliance Officer, to meet the requirements of the expansion of its office in QNB - UK//London.
QNB Group's presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies now extends to more than 30 countries across 3 continents, providing a comprehensive range of products and services. The total number of staff is more than 28,000 operating from over 1200 locations.
The role supports promoting a strong compliance culture in QNB UK. The position is essential in assisting in the management on a pro-active basis of the compliance and internal control activities with the purpose of identifying and assessing the compliance risks associated with the business activities in the light of a fast moving regulatory environment.
Primary focus for this position is on Financial Crime covering Retail/ Corporate/ Treasury, providing compliance oversight of:
- Customer/ Client On boarding
- File Reviews including PEP's
- Transactional Monitoring (SAS)
- Knowledge of Payment approvals (SafeWatch)
- Cash Withdrawals
Planning: To assist in preparing and developing the annual compliance review plan.
Assessment Criteria: To implement specific steps within the review program to ensure adequate bank wide coverage of Central bank's requirements.
- Monitor adherence of business and changes to business practices and products to ensure adequate consideration and compliance of business to regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Monitor the implementation of new regulations or amendments made to the existing regulations.
- Monitor action taken on Central Banks inspectors' recommendations to ensure effective implementation and resolution.
Compliance Review and Training:
- Participate in conducting scheduled and ad hoc compliance reviews as per the approved annual compliance review plan.
- Review new and amendments made to relevant policies, procedures, services and products to ensure that the implementation is within regulations and guidelines.
- Review system changes and or enhancements of Central Banks returns to ensure that the implementation is within Central Banks guidelines.
- Promoting employees awareness by developing and coordinating bank-wide continuous training courses regarding compliance issues and requirements.
- Submit periodic reports to Senior Compliance Officer detailing cases of non-compliance with Central Banks' regulations and statutory requirements.
- Prepare a report for every assignment conducted detailing the review objectives, scope and outcome.
Local Central Bank / Legal Authorities:
- Liaise with the regulator whenever required, respond on queries and communicate issues raised by them and follow up such issues until final resolution.
- Coordinate between the regulator inspectors and bank's divisions, Departments and Branches to facilitate their mission.
- Participate in carrying out the mandatory verifications and reviews required by the regulator.
Anti Money Laundering
- Conduct scheduled and ad hoc AML reviews as per the approved annual review plan.
- Assess the anti money laundering review conducted by the business units / branches for the daily and monthly reports with immediate reporting on non-compliance cases.
- Review new and amendment made to relevant policies and procedures, services and products to ensure that the implementation is within AML regulations and guidelines.
- Performing regular testing to ensure full compliance to KYC policy, which should include all type of customers and counterparties.
- Perform the regular monitoring of the customer names and transactions to identify any unusual transactions, through On boarding, Reviews, Screening and Transactional Monitoring
- Provide advices and solutions as and when required, and recommend improvement in bank's business and support activities to be in line with new and or amended Central Banks' regulations and statutory requirements.
- 3-5 years' experience of KYC/AML/CFT procedures and excellent knowledge of compliance in banking institution or regulatory agency preferably in compliance or internal audit function.
- Bachelor degree with professional qualifications
- Professional Compliance qualification (ACAMs, ICA, etc)
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV