A reputable Asset Management firm based in London is looking to appoint a highly ambitious Compliance Officer to support their compliance function in advisory, monitoring and financial crime work. The role would suit an individual with a passion for working in the Asset Management industry.
A prestigious Asset Management Firm, my client specialises in alternative asset classes. With a professional and driven approach, the successful candidate will be part of a high performing team of experts.
As a generalist, the Compliance Officer will be involved in most day to day elements of the Compliance function, with a broad variety of tasks that include (but are not limited to):
- Undertaking testing as part of the Compliance Monitoring Programme
- Liaison with regulatory bodies
- Development of policies and procedures where needed
- Financial Promotions sign off
- Assist in the preparation and drafting of various board reports for presentation to senior management and external boards
- Financial Crime checks and sanctions screening
- Regulatory advice and guidance where needed
- Horizon scanning for new regulations that would impact the business
- Carry out other duties and projects as and when required
The successful Compliance Officer candidate will have:
- Experience of working within the Compliance function of an Alternative Investment Fund (AIF)
Experience of AIFMD regulations
An understanding of MiFID II, UCITS and SMCR
A proactive nature
Strong verbal and written communication skills
University degree or equivalent
The salary range for this position is £50,000-70,000pa, with a comprehensive Financial Services benefits package.