Compliance Officer - Director/Associate Director
- Market rate + Benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Maxis Investments Ltd
- 20 Oct 17 2017-10-20
London based UK securities and investment firm is looking for experienced Compliance Officer - Associate Director/Director . This role will be reporting to the CEO and the Board of Directors and incorporate compliance/risk duties across the business
Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
-Maintain the firm's Compliance Manual and Compliance Monitoring Programme and AML procedures in line with business and FCA Handbook requirements and ensure that they are effectively communicated to the staff;
-Undertake compliance monitoring and report on findings with suggested recommendations
-Prepare and update Firm's internal procedures and policies for different areas of business to minimize operational risks and to ensure compliance with the FCA and other relevant rules and regulations;
- Conduct regulatory reporting responsibilities of the Firm in coordination with Finance, Risk and Operations departments and ensure that any regulatory reports or enquiries are handled appropriately and promptly
- Remain abreast of relevant regulatory changes and assess their impact to the business in coordination with the relevant departments and ensure senior management are kept fully informed of all regulatory matters
-Liaise with all business areas including employee training as required and maintain awareness of regulatory/compliance developments and work across the Firm’s business lines to find compliant solutions to business problems engaging with a degree of pragmatic collaboration
-Prepare compliance/ regulatory update reports to the Board, management and the Group giving independent and objective assurance on adherence to regulatory standards and on the effectiveness of controls in place
- Carry out regular assessments of capital adequacy of the firm in coordination with the Finance and Risk Department to cover the nature and level of the risks which the Firm is or might be exposed.
- Provide advice proactively on compliance matters in connection with both existing and new business proposals.
- Provide advice and guidance to the Firm regarding the interpretation of FCA rules and in addressing auditors queries in coordination with Finance Department during the audit process.
- Oversee the operational effectiveness of the firm’s systems and controls that are designed to achieve compliance with the UK rules.
- Conduct systematic reviews of the business to meet regulatory and business needs and design additional reviews where changes in operating processes or regulatory requirements present new challenges
- Review client and counterparty account opening and verification documents in line with UK AML regulations and remain abreast of changes to AML regulations
- Contribute in drafting and updating service agreements and terms of business of the Firm in line with the regulatory changes
- Ensure compliance information is held securely and that record keeping requirements are adhered to
Desire to take over the CF10/CF11 function
Experience working as a compliance officer, preferably a current holder of CF10/CF 11
8 years of minimum experience in compliance, risk or legal within a bank/financial institution and/or in a risk management/regulatory compliance departments of a financial consultancy/audit firm, or regulatory authorities.
Educated to at least degree level, preferably a degree in law or compliance & risk
Knowledge and understanding of the requirements for MIFID II/EMIR/Senior Management Regime
Familiarity with derivatives instruments and derivatives framework agreements with counterparties, ISDA etc.
Sound knowledge of the relevant sections of the FCA Handbook, specifically CASS, COBS, IFPRU, GENPRU
A confident team leader and team player as well as being able to work on own initiative
Self-motivated with strong analytical skills and previous managerial experience
Good reporting and presentation skills and willingness and capacity to learn.
A “can-do” attitude and thrive on challenges.