Compliance Sanctions Advisory
- up to £70K pa plus package
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Holmes Search
- 10 Aug 18 2018-08-10
From the second line of defence, provide advice and guidance on the application of sanctions policy and standards and provide input and feedback to the proposed new polices and standards. Approve all sanctions related matters ensuring they are in compliance with applicable sanctions and Group Policy. Manage upstream risk and new legislative requirements coordinating with the banks branches. Ensure that all policies are fully implemented working with the Assurance Officer to provide the second line confirmation that the sanctions compliance framework is effective
- Review all new sanctions related policies and assist operations and front office with the implementation and embedding of those polices, standards and procedures across the bank
- Approve all sanctions related matters ensuring they are in compliance with applicable sanctions and Group Policy.
- Recommend sanctions related policy changes and assess the impact for the bank escalating to Group as appropriate where there may be Group impact.
- Design and deliver communications regarding new sanctions standards and policies and relevant industry changes.
- Provide advice on sanctions matters to the business, second line and management.
- Ensure that the bank is part of the wider sanctions compliance industry to receive the latest interpretation of legislation and regulation.
- Undertake sanctions risk assessments at the direction of the Head of Compliance.
- Undertake sanctions control testing to ensure the systems and controls in place to manage sanctions risk are sufficient and up to date.
- Be the central point of contact for the bank in relation to sanctions screening and monitoring tools and processes.
- Ensure sanctions systems and controls are subject to robust quality assurance
Risk, Compliance & Business Continuity:
At all times, act with due care, skill and diligence to ensure compliance with Bank ABC’s risk culture, policies and procedures, Code of Conduct and Values. Escalate risk and compliance issues in a timely manner to your line manager, and ensure that all mandatory training is completed to schedule. Participate in exercises to rehearse the banks response to an emergency situation (i.e. evacuation exercises and Business Continuity tests
This highly regulated and governed environment demands the closest scrutiny and the ability to understand and interpret many regulations and pieces of legislation and policy. The role holder will be working closely with the bank's Head of Compliance and MLRO to ensure consistent application of legislative requirements through procedures that are employed in the first line of defence in each branch. Wherever there is a higher standard than that set by the bank these exceptions must be managed accordingly. The role holder will need to be proactive in the implementation of any new or changed policies to make relevant staff aware of their obligations and be able to report on the performance of their branch through the key performance reporting metrics. Interaction with local regulators and the wider industry is expected and therefore a thorough knowledge of the risks presented to the bank by sanctions are essential.
Job Requirements: Knowledge
Understanding of the compliance framework
Understanding of the sanctions legislative and regulatory environment for ABCIB
Knowledge of Trade Finance Education / Certifications
Educated to degree level
Preferably from a legal background Experience
Undertaken implementation of new policies previously
3 years industry experience
Experience and knowledge of sanctions screening and filtering tools and processes Personal Attributes
Openness in dealing with all staff
Strong at written and verbal influencing
Strong participant in discussions and meetings
Must be able to deal with staff at all levels within the organization
Ability to read and assess legislative and regulatory notices and interpret them for implementation.