Be a Part of Our Success
Compliance Surveillance Analyst
What is the opportunity?
Work as part of the team providing Surveillance to Capital Markets (CM), Wealth Management (WM) London and Investor and Treasury Sevices (I&TS) . Support the delivery of core elements of the Compliance Management Plan (see responsibilities below) as it relates to monitoring and surveillance on a timely and consistent basis and in accordance with this mandate and agreed goals/objectives, and support the development of a strong and consistent compliance culture across all areas of the CM, WM and I&TS operations in London.
What will you do?
- Support the ongoing operation of RBC's Central Compliance team, as directed
- Have responsibility for a range of Compliance trade surveillance activities covering a variety of products across each platform
- Ongoing development of surveillance reports, systems and processes for the monitoring of each platform
- Provision of management information from the Surveillance Team
What do you need to succeed?
- Strong mathematical and problem solving ability.
- Educated to at least first degree level (upper second class) in a Mathematical or Analytical degree, or hold a recognised relevant professional qualification, or be willing to study for the same.
- A keen interest in and understanding of Investment Banking
- Ability and willingness to accept accountability, demonstrate initiative, work with limited direct supervision and support effective cross-unit co-operation, information sharing etc
- Trading or Sales background.
- Relevant experience in Compliance
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com .
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
City: City of London
Address: Riverbank House
Work Hours/Week: 35
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Position Level: PL08
Required Travel(%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 2017-11-30
Req ID: 150005
Flexible Working Options Considered