Conduct Risk Consultant - Product Control, Front Office - Investment Banking
For this reputable banking organisation we are looking for senior individuals to work on Wholesale Conduct Risk initiatives. We are looking for individuals with strong Product Control, Trading or Regulatory Compliance experience.
- We require the individual to lead technical client projects and support internal product development around risk and regulatory issues within complex trading and wholesale businesses.
- Support the development of trading and wholesale conduct topics including Market Abuse, Benchmarks and Risk Free rates, FX Conduct, Standards in wholesale markets and Electronic trading.
- Advise clients on the benefits and impact of regulations, current industry practices and advancements relating to trading businesses.
- Keep abreast of all latest trends and any new regulations, leveraging off international SME support where applicable.
- The individual may also be required to apply their skills to a broad range of banking risk related issues supporting both regional and national propositions.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Good understanding of trading businesses.
- Strong understanding of financial products (cash and derivatives) including the front to back of how they are traded, booked and risk managed.
- Strong familiarity with role of key bank functions including Front office, Market Risk, Product control, Treasury and Compliance, Wholesale conduct (eg. LIBOR, FX, Market Abuse Regulations (MAR), Operations Risk, Controls
- Knowledge of new regulatory developments impacting banking clients and impacting trading businesses.
- A practical understanding of the ‘three lines of defence’ model.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Experience of financial products and front-to-back controls either through working in a front office, Market risk or Product control or consulting environment.
- Risk management experience through within a banking , market infrastructure and/or asset management organisation advantageous
- Experience of regulation impacting banks trading functions - Mifid II, EU BMR, SMCR, MAR.
- Strong project management skills, evidenced by a demonstrable record of technical change management in a trading / treasury environment.