Consultant – Financial Regulatory Reform
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Catalyst Development
- 16 Jan 18 2018-01-16
Catalyst is a niche, award winning Capital Markets Consultancy specialising in financial regulatory reform and organisational improvement within tier-one banks. We’re growing – fast. We need risk and regulatory consultants with a blend of strong credit and market risk experience and a passion to build a successful career in financial regulatory reform consultancy. We will provide the tools for you to become an exceptional consultant and support you throughout the process with mentoring, training, development and access to world-class expertise.
Catalyst is recognised as one of financial services’ leading independent consultancies and has one of the sector’s most distinct blend of risk, regulation, change and people development skills. Our team includes world class risk and regulatory experts delivering to tier one capital markets clients.
We are committed to being a great place to work and to employing, motivating, retaining and developing exceptional people. We offer progressive careers and excellent employee benefits in a politics-free, entrepreneurial, independent environment with the opportunity to contribute to - and benefit from – our considerable success and growing demand for our services.
We are looking for a number of consultants who are passionate about building a successful career in financial regulatory reform. This is an exciting opportunity to enter a consultancy which will support further development of your capabilities and mentor you to apply your knowledge in a pragmatic, collaborative manner on client assignments. We will provide the tools for you to become an exceptional consultant and support you throughout the process with mentoring, training and development and access to world class SME’s.
Our clients are increasingly looking to us to assist with the change agenda associated with Prudential Regulation. The next few years will see a barrage of new regulations alongside changes to the regulatory reporting requirements. As such, we are seeking to strengthen our capability in the interpretation and practical implementation of these regulations. This will allow us to help our clients both understand the changes they face, and deliver on the new requirements the underlying regulations drive.
Consultants at Catalyst are our 'face' in the market. They are who our clients see and work with, and thus represent all that Catalyst stands for - consistent, exceptional delivery of business value by experienced practitioners.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- knowledge and experience of the regulatory change agenda for traded markets – particularly the new frameworks for market risk, counterparty credit risk and CVA;
- a strong quantitative background/degree in a quantitative discipline with involvement in the QIS process for either SA-CCR or FRTB, for a major Investment Bank
A compliance or legal background and some of the following:
- ISDA agreements
- Exchange and CCP legal contracts and rules
- Interpretation and Implementation of new regulation
- Entity creation across jurisdictions
Although we would welcome applicants from industry, a minimum consulting skillset is also required:
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to explain regulation and capital calculations effectively to a non-specialist audience;
- Problem solving – particularly translating regulatory materials into real impacts for the business, operations, technology, etc.
Our values really do drive everything at Catalyst, we embody these five principles:
- Challenge and Ambition
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Honesty and Fairness
- Expertise with Humility
- Fun and Engagement