- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Consultant, ApplicationsThis role in the UK Transfer Agency Application Management Team, in the EMEA and Global FA Technology Applications Division, is to implement strategic technology solutions and deliver day to day services in the areas of business support, client customisation, regulatory and audit duties. Primary client focus is on UK operations, with advisory and participation commonplace in wider GFS operations where applications owned by the team are globally used.
The person in this role will be familiar with or have working knowledge in the following systems used in the UK and Offshore Transfer Agencies:
• Trade middleware systems such as Babel and CADIS
• Network protocols and providers such as SWIFT 15022, 20022, Crest, Calastone and EMX
• UK Transfer Agency core applications such as Icon Retail, TAM, Kofax and others
The key responsibilities of the role include:
The candidate will participate as a team member in day-to-day application management and support duties of the above products. Typical duties include:-
1. software upgrades of the above products by providing technical and process support to the development, testing and business teams
2. configuration of development and test environments to facilitate upgrades and enhancements to our application portfolio
3. Third-line support for business applications and contact with business users
4. Liaise and assist auditors (internal and external) with audit fieldwork as required from time to time
5. Conduct a risk-based assessment of all change events affecting users of our application portfolio and plan for and mitigate risk accordingly.
We are governed by the EMEA and Global FA Technology charter, which details our involvement with the following disciplines - as a member of this team the candidate's primary responsibilities will be:
Executes the detailed design, build, test, and implementation phases of a project under the oversight of the IT Solution Management practice. The application portfolio consists of in-house software, vended solutions, or a combination of both, and includes activities across the SDLC lifecycle that involves application team members, vendors and business partners
Implement solution that aligns with technology standards and our long term technology strategy
Integrates vended and bespoke solutions into Northern Trust's existing application environment to meet business objectives
Conducts unit and system testing and participates in user acceptance testing
Adheres to the required technology patterns as well as change management, project lifecycle, design, development and other standards (e.g. segregation of duties)
Participates in application disaster recovery activities, including testing of plans, failover testing, actual recovery of impacted systems, capacity forecasting and related activities.
Knowledge of the following platforms, technologies and tools is not a prerequisite to be an expert in these systems, but it's necessary to be familiar with the following subjects and systems:
• Oracle PL/SQL and Microsoft T-SQL
• RDBMS concepts
• Unix, specifically Red Hat
• Microsoft Windows Server
• Microsoft SQL Server
• Control-M job scheduling
• Service-Now ITIL-based change management tool
• JIRA Agile project board
A basic understanding of software development concepts, such as integration testing concepts, versioning and software methodologies is beneficial but not a pre-requisite.
1. This role will require you to write process and test documentation from time to time. A concise and effective technical writing style and ability is beneficial in this position as you support the delivery effort and providing support for UAT testing and post implementation activities.
2. Professional internal/vendor facing communication style to effectively interact with management, vendors and internal clients and build authentic relationships
3. Managing multiple projects executing concurrently and have the ability to assign and communicate personal priorities effectively
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of June 30, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $135 billion in banking assets
• $8.1 trillion in assets under custody
• $10.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $1.1 trillion in assets under management