Consultant Business Analyst / Project Manager – Investment Banking, Asset and Wealth Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Catalyst Development
- 15 Oct 18
A specialist, award winning Financial Markets Consultancy we partner with Banking, Asset and Wealth Management organisations. We are rapidly growing and seek business analyst consultants with the passion to build successful careers in change management and financial regulatory reform, helping to shape the future direction of Catalyst. We will support development of your business analysis and change capabilities, mentoring you to apply your knowledge in a collaborative environment. We provide the tools for you to become an exceptional consultant and support your growth with mentoring and training. Catalyst was voted in the UK top 50 Great Places to Work 2018!
Catalyst is recognised as one of financial services’ leading specialist consultancies and has one of the sector’s most distinct blend of risk, regulation, change and talent development skills. Our team are all respected industry practitioners who offer a blend of knowledge and consulting skills to provide effective support to our clients in their drive to meet regulatory requirements, deliver on key change initiatives and enhance their business models. With offices in London and Jersey and further plans for expansion we are uniquely positioned to meet the growing need for specialist advisory and consulting services at a scale that delivers tangible business outcomes for our clients.
Our delivery capabilities cover Transformation, Technology and Domain Specialism (Risk, Regulatory Reform, Learning and Development, Products) Our clients are typically tier one companies in Investment Banking, Asset and Wealth Management.
We are growing fast yet still small enough to offer a collaborative, transparent culture that has earned us a place in the top 50 Great Places to Work for medium sized companies (http://www.catalyst.co.uk/news/were-a-top-50-best-workplace-uk/). We are committed to employing, motivating, retaining and developing exceptional people. We offer progressive careers and excellent employee benefits in a politics-free, entrepreneurial, independent environment with the opportunity to contribute to - and benefit from – our considerable success and growing demand for our services.
Currently we are implementing cutting edge methodologies such as Adaptive Enterprise into our global tier one clients as well as financial reform initiatives such as FRTB, SACCR and SFTR.
We are looking for consultants with a background in business analysis and change who are passionate about building a successful career in financial markets consultancy. This is an exciting opportunity to enter a consultancy which will support further development of your business analysis capabilities and mentor you to apply your knowledge in a pragmatic, collaborative manner on client assignments. We will provide the tools for you to become an exceptional consultant and support you throughout the process with mentoring, training and development and access to world class SME’s.
Consultants at Catalyst are our 'face' in the market. They are who our clients see and work with, and thus represent all that Catalyst stands for - consistent, exceptional delivery of business value by experienced practitioners. Primarily focused on the delivery of assignments to our client base, the role sees consultants collaborate closely with colleagues and clients, providing:
- business analysis of problems/processes/data and ad-hoc advisory services
- presentation of issues, challenges, solutions, next stages etc
- requirements definition/gathering, analysis & documentation, including running or assisting in workshops
- definition and delivery of solutions - project management /programme management, coordination and reporting of workstreams / programmes
- A recognised science-based degree
- Experience and knowledge of financial markets within a business analysis / change role
- Business analysis / project management background
- Exposure of front to back trade processing
- Good understanding of financial products
- Experience within Operations, Finance or Technology in Financial Markets
- A track record of liaison, communication and relationship building; able to manage internal / external clients and stakeholders consultatively and effectively
Our values really do drive everything at Catalyst, we embody these five principles:
- Challenge and Ambition
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Honesty and Fairness
- Expertise with Humility
- Fun and Engagement