Consultant, EU & Government Policy, FS Government Team
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Nov 17 2017-11-20
Job Title: Consultant, EU & Government Policy, FS Government Team Location: London Salary Level: Competitive
EY's Financial Services business is seeking an exceptional candidate to join its Government team. The individual will play an instrumental role in developing and delivering against the team's core objective; being the pre-eminent professional services advisor to Government on financial services.
As background, the Financial Services Government ('FS Gov') team sits at the heart of the regulatory driven work EY delivers across Europe to governments, transnational institutions, regulators, supervisory bodies, banks, capital markets, wealth and asset managers and insurance companies. We provide a single focus point for the firm's financial services engagement with public sector institutions in terms of their impact on regulation, supervision and governance, and we drive the output of this agenda to our clients and colleagues across Europe.
The team is currently involved in a number of high profile topics including Brexit, Bank Supervision/Resolution and innovation of the FS industry. We are now seeking a high-calibre individual to support this exciting team. The person would get involved in work with significant UK and European financial institutions including the Bank of England, HM Treasury, Financial Conduct Authority, Department of Exiting the European Union as well as the European Central Bank, European Commission and Single Resolution Board.
Your key responsibilities
- Developing and contributing to EY thought leadership in leading topics
- Supporting business development activities including generating brand collateral, events/ webcasts, identifying opportunities for EY and executing on future propositions
- Researching and analysing UK and European political developments and the policy and regulatory impact of this on the financial services sector
- Supporting account management activities - drafting account plans, organising account meetings and coordinating relationship activity
- Tender management - supporting complex proposals including organising and editing contributions from multiple jurisdictions
- Coordinating and supporting our FS Government engagement programme; draft strategy, liaise with Marketing contacts and track our interactions with trade associations
- Maintaining and enhancing the FS Government knowledge infrastructure
Skills and attributes for success
- Passion for and knowledge of Government, public policy and ideally financial services
- Research and critical thinking/analytical skills
- Able to adapt style to operate successfully to influence internally and externally
- Strong project/programme management skills
- Stakeholder management - able to work with Senior Partners from across the business
- Effective communicator, capable of presenting complex or novel ideas to non-technical audiences
- Strategic thinker with proven experience in identifying, nurturing and executing new ideas
- Multi-talented with the ability to work autonomously, take on new projects and develop new skills in a fast-pace environment
- Used to working under pressure/against tight deadlines
- Proactive, enthusiastic and tenacious
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree would be beneficial
What we look for
Experience at a government or public sector institution, or within the financial services practice of a top consulting firm preferred
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.