Consultant, Investment Risk
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
This position is to act as an Investment Risk Consultant covering a “hybrid” client base made up of asset owners (pension funds and sovereign entities) who manage some or all of their assets they are responsible for in-house sophisticated asset owners and asset manager clients, including derivative heavy hedge fund investors, taking daily investment risk services. The consultant will support the daily online risk reporting process for asset managers and prepare monthly ex ante risk reports for pension schemes.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- To support the provision of market risk analytics via an online portal for asset manager and sophisticated asset owner clients.
- Act as a point of contact for assigned risk clients to support the delivery of timely risk analytics and help interpret results.
- Contribute to project streams enhancing market, credit and liquidity risk reporting and work with Product / Systems to improve risk processes.
- Prepare risk documentation to support partner and client education.
- Escalate any issues related to potential late communication, client issues, production problems etc and take responsibility for fault resolution.
- Track all action/issues related to the Risk system and work with the relevant partners in Chicago / Bangalore to resolve issues and escalate as needed.
- Support the sales/ marketing effort to attract new clients to the risk reporting platform.To support the provision of market risk analytics via an online portal for asset manager and sophisticated asset owner clients.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Strong Analytical skills & highly numerate.
- Scientific / Numerical degree preferred.
- Must have previous Investment risk experience, preferably leveraging market leading risk analytics provider (MSCI BarraOne, Riskmetrics, Measurisk, Algorthmics, etc)
- Good working knowledge of asset owner and asset manager regulatory regimes and how they impact risk analytics (UCITS IV, Solvency II, FRS 107)
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to set priorities and manage deadlines.
- Flexible approach / Good team player.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong consulting, problem definition and solution delivery experience.
- Proven client relationship experience.
- Good knowledge of financial markets, investment instruments and portfolio management.
- Broad knowledge of performance methodology, including Equity and Fixed Income attribution preferred.
- Works well under pressure, self motivated and pro-active problem solver
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of June 30, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $126 billion in banking assets
- $7.4 trillion in assets under custody
- $9.3 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $1.0 trillion in assets under management