Consultant, .Net Developer, Business Operations – System Design & Engineering (SD&E), London
Your opportunity Be a part of creative team to enable us to build greater digital solutions.
We have a diverse practice of over 1800 practitioners working across the UK on challenging engagements across a wide portfolio of clients. Our breadth and depth of technical capabilities enable us to be both trusted advisors and implementation partners.
We also continually look to explore new frameworks and design patterns that help us deliver solutions that excite our client's customers and allow us to deliver at incredible speeds. There are far too many to mention and we aspire to use the latest technologies and methodologies to deliver a broad range of high quality reactive software for this decade and the next. Some of the areas we are looking at currently are:
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
- Reactive Design
- Native and Hybrid Mobile App Development
- Alternative JVM Languages and frameworks
- Web Components
- Micro-services and cloud native design
- Container based architecture
- Blockchain platforms
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application. Business Operations
Want to work with the latest technologies, as part of a team helping international organisations transform their core business capabilities? Whether you're working with on-premise systems, Cloud technology, or custom-developed solutions (to name just a few), your expertise will help clients deliver continuous improvement and innovation, from initial design right through to implementation and optimization. Your role
Reporting to the Delivery Lead / Project Manager or Senior Developer, the Developer is focused on developing solutions which meet the business requirements. The Developer works closely with multiple stakeholders, including the Delivery Lead, Solution Architects, Business Analysts, Senior Developers and Testers across the project lifecycle to develop solutions. Responsibilities
An individual is sought with varied experience of delivering and supporting bespoke solutions on heterogeneous technology platforms, specializing in the Microsoft development suite with the following responsibilities
Your work, your choice
- Liaising with product owners to manage the team backlog and coordinating activities with other development teams within Deloitte.
- Maintains systems to required SLAs, prioritizing maintenance windows and releases, liaising with the wider Deloitte team to implement global standards and security controls.
- Contributes and adheres to development standards and controls across the UK firm and play an active role in the design and delivery of CI and CD tooling to automate releases through environments.
- Manage sprint and Kan-Ban delivery processes using VSTS.
- Recommend improvements and refactoring to systems enhancing; stability, security and maintainability.
- Define and develop new systems as required using Microsoft and cloud technologies.
- Work within a product centric environment to deliver capability within set timescales and measured against given milestones.
- Participate in all aspects of the project software development life cycle including; solution design, business analysis, testing, documentation and deployment.
- Technical design and task estimation. Perform QA and adhere to best practices and standards and perform R&D on new technologies whilst working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
The base location is London incl. Regions (Southwest, Northwest and Midlands) and Belfast. The role may involve travel, working in different areas of the UK, and potentially overseas.
This is a permanent opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis. Your professional experience
- C# .Net development experience on large client solutions, in a client facing environment
- Deep knowledge of .Net C#, MS Azure AD B2C, .NET, SQL Server, Microsoft Azure, CORS, Agile, TFS, IIS, XML, Visual Studio 2015, Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Performance Testing, CI, Thinktecture Identity Server.
- Experience developing Windows Services and Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) based solutions
- Experience delivering business solutions using the Asp.Net MVC Framework
- Database design and experience using either Oracle or MS SQL Server
- Enterprise messaging and SOA delivery experience
- Strong understanding of LINQ
- Deep analysis and design skills
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Strong team player
- Agile development experience
- Experience in designing, building and deploying applications on a cloud architecture
- Responsive web design including knowledge of user experience, bootstrap, LESS, HTML5, CSS3, JQuery, Knockout.js
- Automated web testing experience
Your service line
- Internal or external consultancy experience.
- Technical university degree
- Experience implementing large-scale custom development integration projects
- Experience with database design
- Experience with creating responsive design, Performance tuning, Automated Build and deployment
- Demonstrated understanding of tool based modernization, including code analysis, code conversion and automated testing tools
- A strong desire to work hands-on with application code and perform deep levels of analysis to troubleshoot outcomes and recommend resolution
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways
. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families
for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women
for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 167269