Consultant Relations - Sales Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- William Blake Consulting Ltd
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
An exciting opportunity to join a growing fund based in the City.
To act as a manager for predominantly new business activities in the UK & Ireland area, reporting to the Head of Global Consultants.
- To be responsible for identifying and cultivating relationships with selected Global and UK investment consultants
- To be responsible for identifying and cultivating new business opportunities through those consultants.
CORE DUTIES TO ACHIEVE RESPONSIBILITIES
- To know the area, in particular the Global and UK investment consultants market, how the firms are structured, their particular business and operating models, the opinion leaders and key business drivers
- To identify prospects and follow up on new business opportunities
- To lead new business meetings to close new sales / bring on board new clients
- To build strong relationships with field consultants and keep in regular contact with them to identify new opportunities and to learn of any issues with the service we provide to our mutual clients
- Identify and cultivate a programme of research with selected consulting firms, with the objective of achieving and maintaining buy-ratings in key focus investment strategies
- To support the Head of Global Consultants in ensuring a seamless approach across all Client Groups to the development of relationships with - and increasing business through - the top tier global consulting firms, across both their advisory and fiduciary businesses.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To maintain in-depth knowledge of products and services
- To co-ordinate, produce and make high quality presentations for new business pitches, research meetings, field consultant and educational meetings and from time to time client meetings
- To be an integral part of the RFP process, where appropriate, and be responsible for ensuring that the final RFP is tailored to meet the client’s needs
- To cultivate and maintain a broad, effective external network with peers across other AMCo’s, consultants, fiduciary managers, pension funds, platforms and other relevant organisations
- To maintain sales knowledge and training
- To use Salesforce as an effective tool
- To provide support to the Institutional Sales and Global Consultant Directors
- To co-ordinate with other Sales Managers to ensure ongoing best practice
- To provide guidance to junior staff
Technical Knowledge and Experience
- Solid related work experience
- Degree qualified (highly desirable)
- IMC or CISI qualified (MiFID II)
- Good understanding of Operations
- Good PowerPoint and Excel skills would be beneficial
- Knowledge of SalesForce would be beneficial.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A client focused and team player approach is essential
- Proactive and organised approach supported with excellent product knowledge
- A proven sales track record in the asset management industry
- High attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable attitude
- Speed and the ability to meet tight deadlines
Risk & Compliance Responsibilities
- Adhering to the in-house Code of Ethics which forms part of employment contract, and which includes the following key policies: Management of Conflicts of Interest, Treating Clients Fairly,
- Confidentiality of Client and Business Information, Handling of Inside Information, Personal Account Dealing, Disclosure of Outside Interests, Provision or receipt of Gifts, Entertainment, Events or other benefits
- Ensuring Compliance forms are completed and returned on a timely basis
Ensuring attendance at Compliance training sessions, as well as completion of EvokeIT electronic training.