Consultant Relations Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- MFS Investment Management
- 20 Mar 18 2018-03-20
Supporting the consultant and sales efforts for UK & Ireland Institutional business. Responsibilities include working closely with MFS’s investment consultant relationships to provide accurate and timely RFI, product and marketing material. Perform Institutional (DB, DC and other) related research and analysis in order to support Institutional sales and marketing efforts of MFS products and events. Areas of research and analysis include pension scheme industry trends, market place sizing and segmentation, tailoring marketing materials and financial data.
- Act as primary analytical source for institutional sales and Consultant relations related data requests.
- Responsible for supporting the consultant and sales efforts for UK & Ireland Institutional business as well as the efforts of the RM's to cross sell to existing clients. Responsibilities include working closely with MFS’s investment consultant relationships to provide accurate and timely RFI, product and marketing material.
- Develop desk based relationships with UK consultants to broaden the number of investment consulting firms that impact the UK business.
- Ability to respond to straightforward and BAU requests independently
- Work collaboratively with members of the UK & Ireland Team to collect, analyse and maintain data from industry conferences, consultants, academia and third party data sources. Maintain and update a centralised repository of industry and investment related information across pension schemes, consulting firms and platforms.
- Ensure & maintain meeting notes related to all external meetings are correctly organized by firm and strategy into all MFS systems including c360 database.
- Distribution of tailored communications to consultants & prospects on quarterly and ad-hoc cycle. Quality control of all consultant RFP responses
- Prepare and tailor presentations, whitepapers and client/consultant material related to upcoming meetings and marketing initiatives.
- Analyse multiple aspects of new business activities on a regular basis. Determine and document trends in activity for Management by product, client type and scheme size. Analyse industry trends, competitive information and current search activities appropriately. Gather information for platform/ consultant profiles and product ratings to share with the team and senior management.
- Collaborate with competitive analysis, investment product and marketing teams to identify new business opportunities.
- Maintain close communication with Client Service, Transition Management, Relationship Management and RFP team to ensure top quality service is provided by external relationships.
- Take an active role in supporting global and local marketing initiatives.
- Thorough understanding of MFS information resources, products, people and initiatives.
- Strong analytical, communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated expertise with c360, Factset, Fundstation, SPAR, AUM Database, Reporting and all components of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently, providing simultaneous support to several individuals.
- Outstanding focus on enhancing institutional relationships.
- Strong technical knowledge across a range of asset classes.
- Ambition to be part of MFS’s success in a highly competitive market place.