Consultant Relations Support Specialist - 12 month FTC
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
A hard working energetic inclusive team who support one another and have a broad network of contacts both internally and externally.
What you'll do
- Be a part of the Consultant Relationship Team working to achieve consultant relationship strategy objectives
- Co-ordinate and provide first class support to the Consultant Relationship Team and broader UK Business Development team, including the provision of accurate, well considered questionnaire responses, RFIs, ad-hoc requests, consultant snapshot, pre-research meeting information and other requirements to further strengthen our relationships with consultants at a business and product level
- To understand and project manage large requests for proposals working alongside the RFP teams and other internal parties.
- Work alongside internal teams to ensure that the information we supply Consultants with is accurate and timely. To communicate across product/investment/distribution etc in a professional manner to develop high quality, collaborative relationships with key stakeholders.
- To work with the Client Data Services team to ensure that our products are represented on the external consultant databases. Participate in the database annual reviews and ensure that the Consultant Relationship Team are informed of any points of note.
- Proactively seek and implement efficiencies and improvements in team processes.
- Liaise with Consultant contacts directly, where appropriate, to understand what is required
- Build relationships with those contacts at consultants with whom we liaise on regular and ad-hoc support requests
- Support the business development and client director teams where there is specific consultant influence in relation to a new business search
- Attend consultant research meetings in advised capacity as required
- Record and file all workload in accordance with FCA requirements and the process manual. To ensure that comprehensive handover notes are provided prior to time away from the office.
- To work on ad-hoc projects as and when required.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Preferably 2+ years previous experience working in a communication or client service led role in an asset management firm or investment consultancy
- Understanding of the asset management industry with a particular emphasis on the role of consultants, their business models and how they influence Schroders' activities and growth
- Experience of working with a range of investment products
- Excellent internal and external relationship management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Achieved or wor king towards the Investment Management Certificate (IMC) or equivalent The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
CFA What you'll be like
- A desire to progress career into a business development role
- Ability to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Deadline driven, ability to prioritise and to interpret what is important
- Confidence to challenge convention, identify efficiencies and implement improvements
- Ability to consider and implement process change and articulate the benefits of that change
- Meticulous attention to detail; accurate, efficient with a focus on time management
- Ability to manage multiple workloads and deadlines at a given point in time
- Must be a team player We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious