- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank
- 17 Feb 19
You'll be joining the Control Room, which is part of Compliance at Deutsche Bank and liaises with both the business divisions and other Compliance departments globally.
Job Title: Control Room
Corporate Title: Associate
Division: Regulation, Compliance & Anti-Financial Crime
You'll be joining the Control Room, which is part of Compliance at Deutsche Bank and liaises with both the business divisions and other Compliance departments globally. The Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Control Room comprises of ten staff and is part of a global Control Room network of four regions (EMEA, Americas, Hong Kong and Tokyo).
- Assisting the Control Room team in supporting the Bank in EMEA and Germany
- Taking responsibility for daily Control Room activities related to research pre-clearance, information barriers and conflict clearing
- Providing highly specialised advice and interpretation of legal, regulatory and compliance risk and surveillance requirements as they relate to information barriers, watch lists, restricted lists, wall crossings, conflicts of interest, trading, research clearance and vetting requests and related issues
- Taking responsibility for the maintenance of the Watch and Restricted Lists
- Assisting with regulatory inquiries and interacting with regulators in relation to investigations related to information barriers/insider trading, as well as assisting in the maintenance of internal policies and procedures
- Building and maintaining relationships with relevant Compliance Advisory, Front Office Business and other control function staff
- Building and maintaining relationships with regulatory authorities where required
- Managing, or assisting in, the timely resolution of exchange, regulatory or internal investigations and enquiries
- Reviewing and analysing the relevant regulatory notices, rule changes and industry best practices
Skills & Qualifications:
- The ability and drive to network/relationship build across a wide range of internal departments, compliance functions, and industry bodies
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal id beneficial, along with strong influencing, problem solving, organisational, and stakeholder management skills
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities to meet organisational and business needs is essential
- An expert in all aspects of control room activities, particularly regulations and best practices concerning information barriers and the ability to communicate these effectively throughout the organisation as well as the ability to establish strong contacts within the industry or demonstrate the desire to work in the Control Room.
- Self-motivated, organised, and results orientated with the ambition to continue to develop and progress
Diversity, inclusion and mutual respect are essential elements of who we are. These values define the working environment we strive to create - engaging, supportive and welcoming of different views. We believe innovation stems from intellectual curiosity alongside the right mix of skills and talents. Therefore, we embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds. The company promotes equality of opportunity and encourages the development of all employees to their full potential. We are open to agile working arrangements - talk to us about flexibility and other initiatives we offer.
We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and national or ethnic origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We aim to treat all employees in a fair and consistent manner, promote good working relationships to encourage high standards of conduct and performance within a work environment free from harassment, bullying and discrimination.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.