The Role Support the management, coordination and delivery of a strong 1st line global risk and controls framework in Aviva Investors through the design and production of high quality reporting.
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Aviva Investors
- 31 May 18
Controls and Reporting Manager - COO - London
* The Control Manager will produce controls MI on behalf of the global business to support the delivery of the Operational Risk and Controls Methodology (ORCM) Framework.
* Continuing to build the ORCM / iCARE brand by working shoulder to shoulder with business partners and deliver high quality reporting & MI.
* Deliver reporting that helps to drive improvements in controls and data quality, including the timely remediation of issues and the return to tolerance for risks.
* Develop robust, scalable and cost-efficient reporting solutions.
* Represent Aviva Investors at Group OECM / iCARE related management meetings
* Provide monthly and quarterly MI to the business.
* Establish and maintain an effective business relationship with the key stakeholders (including AI 1st line, Risk and Internal Audit)
* Maintain appropriate action plans to remediate controls and risks out of appetite
* Ensure functions comply with the Aviva Risk Management Framework, identifying and delivering efficiencies to the process (including but not limited to RCSA, Business Standard attestation, use of iCARE)
* Assess and escalate issues, as necessary to stakeholders, including the accountable exec in the business function.
* Review and support the delivery of appropriate annual risk and controls training for each business function.
* Support the Business Controls Partners as required on process reviews, documenting processes, testing
* University graduate (or equivalent)
* Experience of successful reporting and MI production
* Skilled in data manipulation and use of Excel
* Experience in the investment management industry is desirable.
* Effective stakeholder management
* Demonstrable project management skills to ensure all internal and external reporting deadlines are met. This includes detailed planning and allocation of resources, and taking necessary actions to ensure milestones are achieved.
* Ability to run meetings effectively
* Trouble shooting & getting things done in a large changing organisation
* Ability to work at all levels of the organisation
* Excellent planning and communication skills
* Excellent customer focus
* Delivery focus with ability to work to tight deadlines
We are proud to be a different kind of asset manager; our intelligent and innovative solutions are based entirely around our clients' needs, not ours.
Aviva Investors is a global asset manager with expertise in real estate, fixed income, equity, multi-asset and alternative investments. We are proud to stand out in our field as our intelligent solutions are based around our clients' objectives, not ours. About us
Inclusion and diversity
We are a global organisation with thousands of employees and customers from different cultures. We've built our approach to inclusion and diversity on the principles of respect, valuing differences and inclusion.
One of Aviva's core values is Care More, and this is bought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies. What's important to us is that you are supported to do the best work of your life. Our culture and values
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.