We are looking for a London-based Portfolio Manager to join our Core equity portfolio management team. Our Core team oversees our market-beta active quantitative equity strategies from Boston, London, Tokyo and Singapore. In addition to portfolio oversight and research, this person will regularly interact with clients, prospects and consultants to explain strategies, ESG positioning, research topics, and portfolio performance. This role will report to the head of the Core team in Boston.
What You’ll Do:
- Meeting with clients, consultants and prospects to communicate and explain Acadian’s systematic investment process, primarily for market-beta active equity strategies but also for low volatility strategies and for multi-asset strategies as needed
- Assist in providing answers to ad-hoc enquiries from clients, consultants and prospects.
- Monitoring and approving equity trades for client portfolios
- Participating in research, investment policy discussions and decisions
We’re Looking for Teammates With:
- An advanced degree with outstanding academic record in economics, finance, mathematics, computer science, engineering, physics or a similar discipline required
- Experience with quantitative equity investing
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in finance and economics, preferably in asset management, investment consulting, or academia
- Experience with programming languages, Python is preferred
- Experience with or desire to learn about systematic low-volatility equity and multi-asset investing
- Experience with or desire to learn about ESG investing, including data sources and research
- Ability to apply Acadian’s structured and disciplined investment philosophy.
- Willingness and ability to work in a collegial, result-focused environment.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to conduct meetings with clients and prospects.
- Willingness to travel globally 35 - 50% of the time, primarily in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa
Why work here:
Acadian is a quantitative investment firm where ideas are empowered by technology. Our team is made up of a diverse mix of professionals who thrive in a culture that fosters ingenuity through collaboration and transparency.
- Casual office environment. Casual dress code everyday (not just Fridays!) The kitchens are stocked with free snacks and drinks.
- Better Benefits. Get quality medical, dental and vision insurance; Paid leave bank of 20 days; Profit Sharing; Tuition & Health Club Reimbursement.
- Opportunities to Develop Personally & Professionally. We promote local volunteerism and organize hands-on opportunities throughout the year. Work side-by-side with some of the industry’s most admired professionals.
To apply for this position or view Acadian’s open roles, please visit the Careers section of our website at https://www.acadian-asset.com/careers/job-opportunities. We will contact only selected candidates.
It is the policy of Acadian Asset Management UK to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, or sexual orientation.