Core UI Platform Engineer
£60,000 - £130,000 base + 50% bonus
Experience: 1 - 4 years OR 8+ years Job Description:
Exciting opportunity with a strong focus on greenfield work at arguably the world's most prestigious bank. Based in the London office, you will be using the latest cutting-edge tech across a number of domains and software stacks.
The work is challenging and varied. Recent projects have included building portfolio management and trading platforms, a liquidity platform for trading money markets, and allowing trading for IPOs. Going forward, the role will include looking at automated portfolio construction algorithms to improve investment strategy implementation times and experimenting with different technologies to create new platforms.
Looking to add a junior developer and a more senior developer, both successful candidates will be smart, very strong problem-solvers, and keen to suggest new ideas within a dynamic, fast-paced team. Most of the work is in Java, but if you have good computer science fundamentals, they are keen to hear from candidates with experience in any OO. Enthusiastic, proactive and driven, you will also have a high degree of attention to detail. Skills and Experience Required
Benefits & Incentives
- Clear understanding of data structure algorithms and asymptotic analysis
- Comfortable with any OO language (must be happy to use Java!)
- Familiarity with core programming, e.g. concurrency, memory management
- Comfortable with SDLC tools and Continuous Integration paradigms
- Experience developing and maintaining large-scale, real-time, distributed system
- Bonus points for knowledge of one or more concurrency models - Actor Model, Communicating Sequential Processes, Software Transaction Memory, etc.
- Finance experience is beneficial but not essential
- Significant salaries + bonuses + benefits
- Truly collaborative environment working with a talented group of developers
- Exposure to new and exciting technologies
- Flexible working and working from home opportunities
If you feel you are a good match, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Richard Allan
+44 (0)20 3137 9574