Corporate Actions Analyst - Event Creation
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. Role/ Department:
To be responsible for the collection and, verification of Corporate Action related notifications in an accurate timely manner. Dealing with queries promptly and efficiently, following established procedures and processes in order to maintain efficiency, minimise risk and provide an excellent client service (whether internal or external). The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Receiving incoming notifications from agent and data vendor(s),
• Cleansing data ,analysing impact of events and processing 'approach' required,
• Setting up event notifications on the accounting system(s) for onward delivery to clients.
• Maintaining static data (custodian contacts etc).
• Maintaining data for collation and provision of MIS.
• Actively participating in team discussions that lead to quality, resource and target orientated improvements.
• Following documented procedures to ensure team compliance with industry regulation and best practice.
• Reporting incidents/regulatory breaches. Skills/ Qualifications:
• Experience in Investment and Custody Operations, particularly Corporate Action Event Creation related activities
• An understanding of wide range of Corporate Action event types across major markets and across all instrument types. Knowledge and experience of all Event notification Corporate Action Swift messaging
• Client Relationships/Client Focus
- Demonstrates ability to build long term relationships that add-value to the "client". (Clients can be internal and/or external).
• Results Orientation
- Demonstrates ability to maintain focus, overcome setbacks and obstacles to achieve own and team targets. Can work through a problem logically and in a step-by-step way.
- Demonstrates ability to work as part of a team, progressing towards shared goals.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate clearly.
• Self Development
- Demonstrates drive to continually develop own skills and knowledge.
• Commitment to Excellence
- Demonstrates commitment to high quality standards, striving continually for self and team improvement Working with Us:
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways: Financial
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program Professional Development
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives. And Finally
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.