Corporate Actions Analyst - Nomura Asset Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Nomura Asset Management
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
Corporate Actions Analyst - Nomura Asset Management - Contract
Nomura is a leading financial services group and the preeminent Asian-based investment bank with worldwide reach. Nomura provides a broad range of innovative solutions tailored to the specific requirements of individual, institutional, corporate and government clients through an international network in 30 countries. Based in Tokyo and with regional headquarters in Hong Kong, London, and New York, Nomura employs about 26,000 staff worldwide. Nomura's unique understanding of Asia enables the company to make a difference for clients through five business divisions: domestic retail, global markets, global investment banking, global merchant banking, and asset management. For further information about Nomura, please visit www.nomura.com.
Working in the Asset Management division, the Corporate Actions team is responsible for ensuring transactions and instructions are input correctly into various systems in a timely manner.
A team of three handle all corporate actions that pass through the London office for both equity and fixed income products. Regular communication is required with custodians and local offices primarily in Tokyo, Singapore and New York.
In addition to corporate actions the team is also responsible for income & proxy voting across all markets, ensuring records are updated in a timely and accurate manner.
The ideal candidate would be a self-motivated team player with a minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist with the day to day functions of the Corporate Actions team which will include;
- Identify all new corporate actions being announced and set up files where appropriate. Review incoming SWIFT messages from custodians, diarise and/or act upon urgent files.
- Identify updates to existing corporate actions, amend files and advise the Fund manager if necessary depending on the event type and what the update is.
- Advise fund managers of corporate actions taking place, request instructions where appropriate and ensure instructions are received from the fund manager by the internal deadline date. Send instructions to the custodian within their stipulated deadlines ensuring confirmation of the instruction are received.
- Manage the Proxy Voting process. Identify new meetings taking place where a vote instruction is required. Request instructions from the fund manager and send them to the proxy agent. Prepare and distribute voting records to the client on an ad hoc basis and within stated deadlines.
- Investigate and resolve queries from other teams, offices and external parties. These include but are not limited to, reconciliation breaks from the client reporting team, clarification of corporate action information, completing additional documentation etc.
- Ensure dividends and coupon payments received from the custodian are accurate and process on internal systems. Query any discrepancies and outstanding payments with the appropriate party.
- Participate in system enhancement projects and testing. Actively participate in discussions to improve processes.
- Ensuring existing procedures are kept up-to-date with changing processes.
- Monitoring group email box to ensure queries are actioned by the team according to priority and ensuring that there are no outstanding items at COB
Skills & Experience:
- Strong experience with
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with Bloomberg/Bloomberg AIM and SWIFT are highly desirable.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, with internal counterparties (e.g. portfolio managers, other Portfolio Administration teams, Nomura offices), as well as external bodies (custodians and proxy agents).
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload and work to deadlines. This is essential when communicating with Nomura offices in different time zones
- Good working knowledge of the various corporate action event types and international markets. Have a good understanding of the corporate action life cycle from beginning to end.
- Good knowledge of both equities and fixed income products
- Good knowledge of MS Excel, Microsoft outlook and highly computer literate.