Corporate Actions Analyst - Oustourcing Oversight
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
To be responsible for the control and oversight functions within the Corporate Actions division. Collecting and collating MIS and related data in an accurate, timely manner and providing reports to both internal and external clients. Dealing with queries promptly and efficiently, following established procedures and processes in order to maintain efficiency, minimise risk and provide an excellent client service (whether internal or external).
The successful candidate will work with a range of Global clients as well as work with Global corporate action teams. The position also requires working closely with other departments within IOO (Trade Processing & Control, Client Administration & Reporting, Data Management and Pricing etc.) as well as with Investment Managers and custodians
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and enjoy working within a team and have the desire to develop the skills and competencies listed below. The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Collect and collate data from corporate action processing locations globally to complete required management reporting
• Ensuring all reconciliation breaks are investigated, narrated and resolved in a timely manner using the appropriate system(s)
• Manage and report exception data to division management
• Provide oversight and support for corporate actions processes in all locations
• Enquiry management for all corporate action related queries both internal and external
• Setting up new accounts
• Working on client implementations and liaising with custodians regarding corporate action communication set up
• UAT testing for client implementations
• Actively participate in team discussions that lead to quality, resource and target orientated improvements
• Follow documented procedures to ensure team compliance with industry regulation and best practice.
• Assist with updating procedures and processes when and where required.
• Contribute towards team projects.
• Lead monthly meetings with one of the IOO global processing teams. Skills/ Qualifications: The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Understanding of wide range of Corporate Action event types across major markets and across all instrument types
• Experience in Investment Operations Outsourcing preferable but not essential
• Able to manage client expectations, meet deadlines and communicate effectively on a day to day basis with clients
• Strong time management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks.
• Excellent team player demonstrating the ability to work as part of a team, progressing towards shared goals
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong communication skills Working with Us:
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.