Corporate Audit Intern
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Corporate Audit InternGrow your career at State Street
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. We're a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have - on our clients, our communities and each other.
We're committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street.
In the role of Corporate Audit Intern (12 month placement) you will be responsible for
- The Associate Auditor is expected to become consistently proficient in applying audit skills in a relatively short time frame (12 months).
- The Associate Auditor will assist in the performance of audits, specifically focusing on fieldwork and testing the internal control environment of State Street Corporation, globally.
- The candidate should clearly demonstrate proficiency in evaluating and testing internal controls, assess risks and in applying audit skills.
- The Associate Auditor will complete audit work papers and memoranda by documenting audit tests and findings in an automated workpaper program.
- The Associate Auditor will communicate audit progress and findings by preparing reports and providing information in meetings.
- The Associate Auditor will develop and write-up audit findings and make recommendations for review by the Senior Auditor and Audit Manager.
- The Associate Auditor will stays abreast of industry developments including but not limited to changes in industry regulations.
- As skills develop the Associate Auditor will be given increasing responsibilities to make independent decisions within the limited scope of the audit assignment.
Associate Auditor Skills:
- The Associate Auditor requires strong analytical skills, the ability to prioritize and must have solid time management skills.
- The candidate must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and be able to research industry regulations when necessary.
- The candidate must be able to learn audit skills and techniques in a relatively short period of time.
- The candidate must have strong interpersonal skills to be able to interact with Senior Management of State Street Corporation.
- The Associate Auditor must have the willingness to develop core competencies for financial services auditors and follow the guidelines established by Corporate Audit.
- The Associate Auditor will be expected to develop overall product knowledge and business unit knowledge of State Street Corporation over time.
To be successful in this role, your experience should include
- Bachelor degree - undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Quantitative Economics, Mathematics, Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology with a strong academic background (a projected 2.1 Degree or better)
- The candidate must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The candidate must have strong interpersonal skills.
- The candidate must have the willingness to develop core competencies in Audit.
- This role may require up to 25 % annually both domestically and internationally to State Street locations around the globe.
- Programme dates: July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020.