Corporate Communications Manager role in a leading global asset manager.
Our client is a leading global asset manager with a broad range of successful active funds. They are hiring a Corporate Communications Manager to work closely with their Head of Corporate Communications. Key responsibilities include:
- To protect and promote our client's brand and reputation and identify opportunities that will enhance the firm’s corporate profile.
- To help develop and execute the PR strategy and PR campaigns.
- To establish and maintain a contact programme with key journalists. Build strong relationships with them.
- To draft press releases, articles, commentaries, social media posts and other PR and communications documents to the highest standard and with a creative flair.
- Work with key stakeholders to help identify opportunities and create engaging content for dissemination through external media channels. Carry out research on topics and gather information from a wide range of internal and external sources to identify news stories and news angles.
- Help with day to day management of PR agencies. Manage media enquiries. Host media interviews and brief spokespeople in advance, and help coach media spokespeople.
- Monitor media coverage. Manage, together with the other members of the PR team, the distribution of media coverage emails to stakeholders. Ensure that important media coverage affecting the business is shared with the relevant stakeholders in a timely manner.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, a team player, possess proven media relations experience gained in the asset management industry (either in-house or agency), an understanding of the regulatory environment, relationships with key media contacts, the ability to build relationships with journalists, excellent writing/editing and stakeholder management skills and the ability to prioritise, multi-task and meet deadlines in a pressurised and fast paced environment.