EMPOWERING YOUR CAREER
We are looking for a Corporate Counsel
to join our team in London, England, United Kingdom
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- FIS Global
We are currently seeking a Corporate Counsel to join the legal department in Canary Wharf. The Corporate Counsel will provide a variety of general commercial legal services to a number of in-house clients and will manage legal business matters pertaining to the organisation. The incumbent will also coordinate legal matters handled by outside counsel. The position requires a law degree and would expected to be a qualified solicitor with 3 to 5 years' pqe or equivalent (this is a guide only and candidates with more or less experience will be considered if he/she satisfies the other requirements for the job).
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manages a variety of assigned legal projects
• Prepares / reviews legal contracts and various other supporting documents. Negotiates and drafts contracts liaising with sales, delivery and management representatives, aiming to ensure the organisation's rights are protected.
• Renders opinions and advice regarding the interpretation of contract provisions, intellectual property, data protection and other legal areas.
• Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and time management skills.
• Broad experience in general commercial matters including drafting commercial contracts, intellectual property, data protection, risk management and contract management.
• Strong negotiation skills and ability to influence and provide direction on all deals.
• Information technology industry (licenses, SaaS, professional services and support and maintenance contracts) experience is preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor messages to be appropriate to the audience, avoiding technical jargon.
• Experience with issues that are confidential, and sensitive in nature.
• Effective team working skills.
• Requires a law degree, LLB or other comparable degree and conversion course. Also requires the candidate to be admitted to practice law in the UK or other jurisdiction, preferably with English Law experience.
Interested to find out more? Apply now to become part of the FIS team! We look forwards to recieving your application.