Corporate Credit Analyst
- Salary: GBP500.00 - GBP550 per day
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: JCW Search
Our client, a large investment bank in London is looking to recruit an experienced credit analyst to join on a 6 month initial contract.
Credit Risk Management, the EMEA team consists of around 20 London-based analysts which work in one of four areas: Financial Institutions, Sovereigns and related entities, Hedge Funds and Corporates. In addition, the analysts are supported by colleagues based in India. The department is responsible for analysing counterparties, assigning ratings, opining on trade structures and mitigating features, and analysing transactions. We work closely with colleagues in other areas of risk and in other regions. Each analyst is responsible for a monitoring and managing exposure to a portfolio of counterparties.
- Undertake detailed credit analysis and complete periodic reviews of Corporate trading counterparties within the EMEA region. As part of the review, determining an internal credit rating for the counterparty
- Manage a portfolio of corporate counterparties, including:
- Managing counterparty risk exposure, including approving exposures
- Analysing economic and market events and assessing their impact on the portfolio
- Ensuring systems contain accurate information
- Propose credit terms incorporated into legal documentation, in particular, ISDA and CSA,
- Liaise with front office personnel to understand and structure transactions
- An additional role supporting analysis of loan and structured products transactions could be included, depending on the candidate's experience
Key objectives critical to success:
- Accurate and perceptive credit analysis
- Understanding of trading products
- Value added interface with business and senior management
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required
- At least 5 years' credit experience
- Extensive experience in counterparty credit analysis at all levels of the rating scale including investment grade and sub-investment grade counterparties
- Experience in analysing corporates in a range of industries and EMEA jurisdictions
- Understanding of credit mitigating features and incorporation into documentation.
- Excellent product knowledge including FX, swaps and loans.
- Strong excel financial modelling skills
- Good working knowledge of word and powerpoint
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills