Corporate Credit Analyst
- GBP50000 - GBP65000 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page
- 15 May 18 2018-05-15
The Corporate Credit Analyst will provide high quality credit analysis and recommendations on a portfolio of corporate clients. The client base includes UK corporates and UK subsidiaries of overseas corporates, and ranges in size from small-caps to FTSE 100.
My client is a Global Investment Bank with European headquarters based in London.
- Collect and analyse client information in order to properly present and mitigate risks (annual reports, web site info, broker notes, rating agency analysis, sector research, due diligence with RM etc).
- Deliver counterparty, transaction and credit risk analysis. This includes analysis of the business, sector, peer analysis as well as the financial risk profile (financial statement analysis, developing financial forecasts where appropriate). The analysis should include an objective recommendation on the counterparty rating and recovery rate, in line with the bank's rating methodology.
- Produce high-quality, objective, concise credit proposals that are compliant with the bank's guidelines, enabling credit committee to take an informed decision. These proposals should balance the commercial and risk aspects of the client relationship / transaction, and include analysis of the facilities (e.g. analysis of relevant legal documentation) as well as a clear recommendation on why the proposal is acceptable.
- The Credit Analyst is also responsible for planning ahead, to ensure that all annual reviews are completed by deadlines, and any urgent transactions are prioritised.
- Strong technical credit analysis skills (including financial statements analysis, sector research, and financial modelling skills).
- Knowledge of banking products from a credit risk perspective, including:
- Plain vanilla commercial and corporate banking products (overdrafts, syndicated lending, term loans, cash management, guarantees and performance bond lines).
- Global markets products (including swaps, currency, commodities and other derivatives).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This role is paying up to £65,000 base salary as part of a competitive overall compensation package.