Corporate Credit analyst, Leading International bank, London
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
My client, a leading international bank, are looking for an experienced Credit Analyst to join their Corporate Banking team based in London.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Relationship Managers, with credit support including the preparation of credit applications and credit ratings for Corporate Banking Dept.
- Assisting in collecting information for new clients in the KYC stage
- To assist in client annual review reports.
- Attending meetings and undertake follow up work including writing call reports.
- Monitoring the credit portfolio on a continuing basis for changes in credit quality due to counterparty specific and general market related issues; recommending suitable actions
- Maintaining a keen interest and awareness of market trends
- Helping to establish and maintain credit risk management controls, systems and procedures that meet the requirements of the Bank, the regulators and external auditors.
- 4-5 years’ experience as a Credit Analyst
- Educated to degree level or appropriate professional qualification level.
- Strong experience in analysing credit proposals in various industry sectors
- Strong understanding of financial aspects of loan markets
- Good understanding of whole banking products.
- Experience in customer focused role in financial services sector
- Demonstrable understanding of the international regulatory environment for the selected products and markets.
- Experience in cash flow modelling would be an advantage.
- Sound and proven analytical, credit and risk skills.
- Proactive, self-motivated and well-organised; Good communication skills; Strong work ethic and team spirit.
- Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Fluent (both written and verbal) in both English and Mandarin (an advantage).