Corporate Development Analyst/Associate - Global Growth Office
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Aug 18 2018-08-13
Job Title: Corporate Development Analyst/Associate - Global Growth Office (EMEIA FSO) Location: London Salary Level: Competitive
Summary of role
The Global Growth Office ("GGO") was set up to lead EY's Financial Services Organization's ("FSO") effort to pursue inorganic growth strategies globally via acquisitions, a critical component to drive FSO's ability to meet its growth ambitions. We are the Corporate Development Team advising FSO's various service lines to facilitate the generation and prioritisation of potential Targets, execute transactions, ensure adherence to internal governance and help maximise return on investment for FSO.
As a member of the GGO team, you will be working in a dynamic and autonomous environment. Mainly through on-the-job learning, we will help you develop the skills to become an effective corporate development professional, capable of providing objective and responsive advice to our internal clients across FSO. We are committed to helping you achieve your potential both professionally and personally.
The role is London based with the bulk of activity focussed on EMEIA, however the GGO team continues to engage globally on cross-border deal flow.
- Work on acquisitions supporting all aspects of the transaction lifecycle (origination, execution, post-merger integration);
- Deal management of internal as well as external stakeholders;
- Perform quantitative analysis, including modelling and valuation;
- Develop a deep understanding of the strategic rationale for transactions;
- Conduct market research, e.g. Target profiling, competitor and market analysis;
- Coordinate and manage an offshore based team to complete various research tasks;
- Work with the Global Corporate Development Team to ensure processes are adhered to; and
- Work directly with senior decision makers within the firm.
Working with senior leaders of the team, you will be play a key role in the origination and execution of transactions on a day-to-day basis. As fundamental skillsets, you will be expected to:
- Have a Strong academic record including a degree;
- Be ACA / ACCA (or equivalent) qualified or part qualified;
- Have strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills;
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills and an understanding of financial statements;
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Adapt to new challenges and contribute to generating creative solutions to problems;
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and handle sensitive information with discretion;
- Work autonomously within a small team, as well as collaboratively in a dynamic team across service lines and with colleagues from various geographies;
- Take responsibility for own workload, ensuring all tasks are efficiently completed; and
- Demonstrate an interest in financial services companies and the current environment.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.