Independent and possessing more than fourteen years' experience in its field, Alter Domus has become a leader in corporate and management services for private equity & infrastructure and real estate funds as well as listed and unlisted companies. Our staff of over 1,200 people also provides fund administration and financial reporting services. We mentor and develop our employees’ technical knowledge and practical skills. We also champion commitment and a customer-oriented mindset.
- Competitive Base Salary + Discretionary Bonus + Complete Set of Benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Alter Domus
- 17 Jan 18
Corporate Development / M&A Senior Manager
- You will work in the group corporate development/ M&A team with the aim of growing the firm organically;
- Participate in all the group activities, such as screening investment opportunities, meeting management teams, completing due diligence, including valuations and modelling, participating in various portfolio monitoring tasks and data analysis projects as well as creating and updating marketing materials;
- Expertise collecting, analyzing and managing quantitative data and creating meaningful analysis and reports to lead business improvement and cost reductions.
Your Responsibilities will Include:
- Participating and leading some streams of due diligence for potential investments;
- Prepare financial analysis in support of the firm's due diligence in direct investment opportunities;
- Analysis will also include evaluating a firm’s strategy and historical track record versus industry benchmarks; tracking industry wide and fund specific investment and liquidity data; modelling fund cash flows and transaction structures; working with valuation models and projection models; reference calls; and compiling information for investment committee presentations;
- Root cause analysis and uncovering core issues using data;
- Preparation of presentations and memos with respect to new opportunities, new markets and products with the aim of taking corporate developments actions.
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business, Maths and/or a similar discipline with analytical bias;
- 5-8 years’ relevant experience in positions that require analysis and reporting financial results, performing financial and ad hoc analysis using data reporting tools;
- Required proficiency in Excel (macros, index, conditional list, arrays, pivots, lookups);
- Demonstrated financial acumen and/or analytical experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation of results;
- Advanced experience demonstrating problem solving and root cause analysis;
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MSAccess, Essbase and/or Cognos) and other financial systems (i.e. Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards), providing solutions based on results of ad hoc analyses to senior management for strategic decision-making;
- Proven ability to work with competing priorities & providing level-headed guidance during unexpected events;
- Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions and demonstrated experience managing such mechanisms to an end result;
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital;
- Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and senior levels of management;
- Open to occasional travelling to our international offices.