Corporate Operations Group - HR Business Partner
Corporate Operations Group - HR Business Partner
Close date: 11th October 2018
About the Role
We are currently recruiting for a permanent HR Business Partner to join our EMEA team in London. In this role you will provide key advisory and HR delivery to specific business groups based in EMEA; these businesses include COG and CAF.
As part of the HRBP team, you will work with the Regional Head of HR and HR Director of each group to formulate and deliver a people agenda within the specific business groups that is aligned with the business groups' commercial aims and overall people strategy and Macquarie's corporate HR principles and practices.
Key Stakeholders & Working Relationships:
- Group business heads;
- Heads of HR Centres of Expertise - in region (and global);
- Peer HR Business Partners - within EMEA region (and global);
- Various external organisations/ suppliers as required;
- Chief Operating Officers for Groups as required.
- Provide comprehensive HR support and advice to the EMEA businesses - through strong business relationships, a high level of personal credibility and knowledge and the ability to leverage internal and external specialist resources;
- Own the relationships with the client base and, in particular, the leadership team/s - to ensure regional input into the development of Group-wide HR practices and initiatives, tailored regional implementation of the Group's people strategy and diagnosis of issues and the introduction of relevant HR specialists/expertise;
- Deliver on the business' people plans - develop and/or implement HR processes and change projects for the region with a focus on risk, quality & efficiency;
- Contribute to broader HR projects and ad hoc initiatives - as a member of the regional HR Management Team and take a leadership role on global HR initiatives as required;
- Supervise, leverage and develop supporting HR resources;
- Drive cultural change projects within your EMEA businesses.
Key Performance Areas:
- Proactively meet with key clients on a regular basis and build effective advisory working relationships with business stakeholders and teams;
- Implement decisions/strategies that are relevant to the commercial objectives and based on effective data analysis;
- Communicate with, support and coach employees in relation to people matters as appropriate
- Network with external organisations to develop and leverage market knowledge and awareness of best practice.
Recruitment & Resourcing
- Work with the businesses and the resourcing function to ensure an effective resource plan is maintained and delivered (both lateral and intern/graduate hires) for business groups;
- Oversight of recruitment activity, delivered via onsite recruiters from Hudson, the Graduate Recruitment team and the international assignment team;
- Directly manage or oversee end-end process for key senior-level hires/ larger resourcing projects including interviewing and selection support, and an active role in contract negotiation and "closing" senior or complex hires;
- Ensuring recruitment governance (from internal to external regulatory compliance) is adhered to in recruitment practices;
- Represent Macquarie at external forums and toward key agents in relation to attraction and resourcing.
Talent Management, Learning & Development
- Participate in the delivery of the end-end talent review process in the businesses - including embedding performance management culture (business objectives set, mid-year and year-end reviews conducted), and facilitation of talent calibration/ roundtables;
- Needs analysis and prioritisation of L&D initiatives for groups;
- Ensuring implementation of business-group initiatives, and region-wide initiatives;
- Implement strategies to address high-potentials, and development frameworks and strategies for others;
- Drive the promotion and delivery of diversity and inclusion related activities;
- Manage ad hoc projects such as communication and action planning around staff survey outcomes;
- Proactively identify tools / programs that could be introduced to attract and retain employees and address leaver issues.
- Effectively diagnose the need for ER involvement and make the relevant referrals;
- Provide business feedback/info as required to ER and facilitate ER's management of the issue within the business as required.
- Deliver the business advisory and process support aspects of the year-end remuneration and promotion processes;
- Ensure correct governance is in place with regard to remuneration matters within HRBP remit, including advising the business on appropriate remuneration for new appointments;
- Identify and appropriately escalate specific remuneration issues relating to the client group.
Other responsibilities/ projects
- Drive the execution of diversity strategies within the businesses; which may involve participation in the EMEA Diversity Action Group;
- Management of ad hoc initiatives, management reporting.
The successful candidate must have drive, be self-motivated and will be a team player with the ability to multi-task. You will have:
- A successful track record and considerable experience in a generalist HR role;
- Experience in a relevant HR function, ideally talent management or learning and development;
- Demonstrated prior effectiveness in a highly-matrixed, international environment, preferably in financial services and with some exposure to Technology divisions;
- A pragmatic, delivery-focused style with excellent judgement;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability and personal credibility to influence senior management across the business and the desire to act as a business enabler;
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with diverse stakeholder group;
- Degree-level educated, with business, psychology or other relevant tertiary/ professional qualifications;
- Well developed analytical skills and numeracy, including good Excel skills.
This role will suit those seeking to take on accountability for a diverse range of HR activities with some strategic components while remaining actively engaged in the day-to-day delivery of HR services to engaged business leaders and teams. Occasional international business travel may be required.
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) enables the entrepreneurial enterprise that is the Macquarie Group. Within the dynamic, rapidly changing Macquarie Group, COG provides specialist professional services, human resources, Workplace infrastructure and technology and market operations to Macquarie's businesses. Corporate Operations Group's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. This is evident across the activities of each of the divisions which comprises of Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services including Sourcing and Vendor Management, Human Resources, Market Operations and Technology.
The Human Resources Division supports Macquarie's businesses by seeking to attract, recruit, reward and retain the best people. The division provides a range of global consulting and operational expertise across the organisation that is aligned with business strategy.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Advertised: 12 Sep 2018 GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: 11 Oct 2018 GMT Daylight Time