For our office in London, we are searching for a veteran corporate secretarial professional to lead the Corporate Services department. The successful applicant will be responsible for leading a growing team of qualified accountants and corporate secretaries, retaining and building new relationships with local and international clients, and serving as the in-house Company Secretary of Alter Domus UK.
- Competitive Base Salary + Discretionary Bonus + Complete Set of Benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Alter Domus
Corporate Secretarial Senior Manager - London
- As a Senior Manager, you will provide leadership and oversee the activities of the Company Secretarial, Cash Management and Corporate Accounting teams, who will be responsible for a mixed client portfolio of regulated and unregulated real estate and corporate entities including funds, trusts and companies;
- You will develop new business relationships with potential clients as well as managing current client relationships;
- You will be responsible for up to date technical knowledge and ensuring operational excellence is delivered to clients;
- You will provide support, guidance, development and review work produced;
- You will maintain a positive work environment to attract, retain and motivate employees at all levels by promoting communication between colleagues for the benefit of information flow and problem resolution;
- You will act as the Company Secretary in all matters related to Alter Domus UK.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Overseeing the setup and/or on-boarding of client structures, and administering complex international structures;
- Reviewing the preparation and ongoing monitoring of Know Your Customer/Client Due Diligence and promoter/corporate files;
- Overseeing contracted services to clients and ensuring operational processes are delivered to a high quality and in a timely manner;
- Managing client relationships, ensuring there is regular and proactive communication and timely resolution of issues;
- Managing priorities and critical decisions;
- Corresponding with portfolio of clients, board members, third party intermediaries such as banks, lawyers, accountants and tax advisors both in person and via written or telephone communication;
- Preparing for and conducting board and shareholders' meetings;
- Advising on best practice, preparing for and providing board support services;
- Reviewing the maintenance of statutory records for entities and ensuring filing requirements are met;
- Working with the Cash Management team; reviewing client payments and overseeing regular cash reconciliations on a variety of bank platforms;
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking the appropriate action on behalf of clients and internally;
- Responsible for staff training and development and performance appraisals.
- You are a fully qualified Chartered Secretary;
- You have relevant experience managing both regulated and unregulated structures of a similar nature within a corporate services provider;
- You possess team spirit, the capacity to build strong client relationships, and take initiative to act without waiting for direction when appropriate;
- You identify and escalate matters as and when required;
- You adopt a flexible and hands-on approach;
- You are organised with an eye for detail;
- You have the ability to prioritise and to handle multiple projects simultaneously; and
- You possess good communication skills and you are able to deal with people at all levels.