Corporate Treasury, Liquidity Operations, Bank Relations, Associate, London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
FINANCE | Corporate Treasury
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's funding, liquidity, capital and relationships with creditors and regulators. Corporate Treasury manages the firm's financial resources and minimizes interest expense through liability planning, asset liability management, and liquidity portfolio yield enhancement. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong quantitative analysis skills and risk management capabilities since Treasury actively manages the firm's financial resources which are constantly changing due to business activity, markets, risk appetite, regulations and other factors. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Bank Relations (BR) is a global team responsible for managing strategic relationships with the firm's network of agent banks. Whilst maintaining a risk and control mindset, the team's goals are to establish, enhance, and maintain these relationships in order to derive the maximum commercial and operational value for the firm. BR works across multiple geographies and asset classes to comply with both internal governance and external regulation to achieve a common standard of service and risk mitigation across its global agent bank network. Core components of the role include:
- Collaborate and partner with relationship managers in the region to enhance the agent bank experience with Goldman Sachs ensuring we retain best in class service levels.
- Comply with internal risk frameworks and industry regulations (e.g. CASS) to reduce risk and extract maximum value from our global network, connecting with stakeholders to lobby for internal or market change.
- Proactively identify anomalies in agent bank trade or fee data to achieve the firm's commercial and strategic goals.
- Represent the firm to external senior representation and at industry bodies (e.g. AFME/SIFMA, workshops)
- Exercise sound judgement in making optimal decisions based on cost, risk mitigation and service levels
- Evaluate new business/products/markets and collaborate across teams to represent and drive the agent bank work streams
- Detail oriented with the ability to quickly identify and learn pertinent information across wide range of business.
- Ability to combine tactical and strategic thinking being flexible with reprioritisation.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Able to operate independently and effectively drive multiple initiatives
- Outstanding analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence a wide range of stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of the securities industry/trade life cycles
- Familiarity with industry guidelines and concepts (e.g. KYC)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic and team oriented
- Ability to remain composed under pressure
- Ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Adapt to new changes and new challenges
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong client service orientation
- Well-developed organizational skills
- Prior managerial experience
- Project management skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity