Corporate and Real Estate Finance Credit Officer (Associate)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
Credit Risk Management EMEA focuses four areas: Financial Institutions, Sovereigns and related entities, Hedge Funds and Corporates. We are currently seeking to recruit an Analyst/Associate level credit analyst, to join the corporate credit team. The role has a dual focus, firstly to work as credit analyst on a range of corporate counterparties, and secondly to support senior colleagues on Real Estate financing transactions
The department is responsible for analysing counterparties, assigning ratings, opining on trade structures and mitigating features, and analysing transactions. We work closely with colleagues in the front office, other areas of risk and in other regions.
- We are currently seeking to recruit an Analyst/Associate level credit analyst, to join the corporate credit team.
- The role has a dual focus, firstly to work as credit analyst on a range of corporate counterparties, and secondly to support senior colleagues on Real Estate financing transactions
- The ideal candidate will have experience in both areas. However, candidates with experience in only one of these areas, but eager to develop new skillsets are strongly encouraged to apply.
- This role would sit in the EMEA Corporate Credit Team which is responsible for approving leveraged finance transactions, derivatives trades, structured credits and real estate financing transactions.
- Primary responsibilities for this role would be to:
- Conduct full credit due diligence on new transactions including business review, financial analysis and cash flow modelling
- Site and companies visits throughout Europe and direct interaction with clients
- Evaluate transactions structure, covenants, pricing and propose mitigating features
- Assessment of legal documentation
- Preparing rating proposal
- Briefing to senior management and liaising with clients when required
- Monitor portfolio of exposures
- The candidate would also be involved in the loan portfolio management and the production and presentation of ad hoc corporate and property market analysis.
- In addition, the candidate would have the opportunity to broaden the scope of its responsibilities by taking responsibilities in other types of transactions working with the Structured Credit Desk and the Emerging Markets Desk. Experience in those areas could be advantageous but is not a prerequisite for the role.
Key objectives critical to success:
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong willingness to progress and learn in corporate and real estate financing
- Flexibility in being able to work on various transactions at the same time and to meet deadlines
- Value added interface with business, clients and senior management
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
- The candidate will be a credit analyst with knowledge of corporate and real estate financing
- Financial/business qualification such as CFA/Master's degree/MBA is an advantage
- Previous experience in a similar credit role, rating agency or credit fund will be considered
- Need to be able to form its own views, to influence decision making and be at ease in presenting to senior management and colleaguesDesirable
- Fluency in 1 or 2 European languages would be highly desirable but not necessary