Cost Analytics - VP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Barclays UK
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
This role will provide value-added analysis to Cost ExCo to support the new agenda.
Job Title Cost Analytics VPLocation London
BP&A and Cost's key purpose is to drive, manage and optimise the strategic and financial decision making of Barclays' Executives through the provision of specialist Advisory and Control services - decision support, insight, performance reporting, planning and analysis.
A key focus for COO BP&A is the management of the Global COO cost shape and trajectory. The team will partner with the individual Finance teams which support each area of COO, together with the Group Finance teams to support COO Exco's cost commitments through tracking and monitoring business and functions delivery of cost commitments, and provide decision support and strategic advisory services to the COO leadership around managing the cost base tactically and strategically.
This role will provide value-added analysis to Cost ExCo to support that agenda.
- Develop extensive knowledge of cost and strategy to influence and shape the overall strategy and drive the delivery of cost commitments and/or challenge the current view/delivery trajectory
- Analyse, model and financial review of cost and volume drivers and their impact on delivery / progress
- Coordinate and deliver robust and accurate multi-dimensional cost reporting, analytics and insights, including external comparisons and bench-marking
- Develop a detailed understanding of the current cost processes and system workflows to ensure a full understanding of how costs flow into Barclays systems
- Drive analysis into the Barclays monthly COO cost results by both line item and business to determine both positive and negative trends, aligning to underlying key drivers
- Drive delivery of outlook process ensuring value added analysis and highlighting Risks & Opportunities as appropriate
- Be a key facilitator to provide Cost Board with 'deep dives' into either line item or business cost analysis, working closely with the 'cost owners'
- The right candidate will be educated to degree level or above, preferably in an numeric / accountancy / finance related discipline and will hold an accountancy qualification e.g. CIMA, ACCA or ACA (or equivalent).
- Prior experience of working with the Finance Function in a large organisation with complex matrix and entity structures, ideally in Banking, and familiar with cost management, analysis and reporting roles
- Proven ability to work under pressure and manage tight timelines, whilst also being able to manage longer term deliverables, demonstrating ability to be both flexible and proactive
- Strong team player; someone who will make a contribution to areas outside their remit and appreciates the bigger programme picture
- Role will require ability to leverage other teams to meet our objectives and therefore critical to have the skills to 'deliver through others'
- Prior management experience
- Advanced Excel/Powerpoint skills